All-Star Getting New Teams Noticed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15407
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just because you get a bid doesn't mean you have to go. I'd rather sit out for a year or 2, steadily improve and clean up, and then go to worlds prepared. I don't get why first year level 5 teams always insist on going to Worlds, with AL bids. Yes it's an honor to get a bid..but if you know you won't make day 2 why waste hundreds and hundreds of dollars?
Because when you have a team where half of the athletes are graduating a month later, it may be the only chance they ever have to get that experience. Not the experience of winning, I don't think any of those teams have such delusions over the power houses, but just to run out on that floor (no matter how many days you get to do it) with 2012 on the backdrop behind you and "world championship" embossed in the center mat.

Bleh. I looked them up. They're about 2-4 hours away.... :(((( I'm gonna go cry into my cheer pillow... lol:)
Actually the drive is only around 1.5 hours :confused: and you could always find out if there are carpools from Marysville. Which I'm pretty sure there are kids who drive from your area down to South.

What about those other teams just starting out? Theres no way they can rise to the top since theres never going to be room for them.
I disagree. In this digital age it's easier than ever. Anybody with access to Youtube or one of many social media outlets, is just a few clicks away from possible worldwide fame!

Actually the drive is only around 1.5 hours :confused: and you could always find out if there are carpools from Marysville. Which I'm pretty sure there are kids who drive from your area down to South.
Haha i live about an hour from marysville. Ha. And Yea, i hope to try them out sometime:)

I disagree. In this digital age it's easier than ever. Anybody with access to Youtube or one of many social media outlets, is just a few clicks away from possible worldwide fame!
Very True!!!!

Because when you have a team where half of the athletes are graduating a month later, it may be the only chance they ever have to get that experience. Not the experience of winning, I don't think any of those teams have such delusions over the power houses, but just to run out on that floor (no matter how many days you get to do it) with 2012 on the backdrop behind you and "world championship" embossed in the center mat.

This is no offense to anyone who wants to go to worlds for the experience, but that is not why they have the competition. Look at why it was formed and how it was formed. It is suppose to be the best of the best not as a way to experience something because others get to.
It is one thing if you are an international team and you want to come to the US for the experience of competing against US teams.

This is no offense to anyone who wants to go to worlds for the experience, but that is not why they have the competition. Look at why it was formed and how it was formed. It is suppose to be the best of the best not as a way to experience something because others get to.
It is one thing if you are an international team and you want to come to the US for the experience of competing against US teams.
Every "best of the best" had to start somewhere.

True, but the original teams at worlds were already the best of the best, they didn't get that way from going to worlds. They got that way by having winning routines at other competitions.
So, if you're not a mega gym program you don't deserve to go? For the record I don't think you get good by going to worlds. I think you should "be" good to go. I'm not talking about the janktastic teams that make everyone gasp. I'm in favor of minimum scores so you can't just pick up a bid because they had 37 to give out and you're the 35th of 37 questionable teams. But, I don't think every team that only gets an at large, by definition, should be excluded because they weren't "good enough" for a full paid. If that were the case no at large team would ever have walked out with a globe. Since that has happened before, I don't think you can write off every at large bid just because they were "at large." I agree with the fact worlds should be the best of the best but I also think it doesn't need to be exclusionary to the point it's a showcase for the top 10 Programs that no one else is "worthy" enough to stand beside. David has been known to beat Goliath.

You don't have to be a mega gym to have the talent to be one of the best of the best. SOT is not a huge gym, but it is full of talent and has won many national and worlds titles. All I am saying is Worlds is about trying to win not going for the experience of being there. We will have to agree to disagree.

You don't have to be a mega gym to have the talent to be one of the best of the best. SOT is not a huge gym, but it is full of talent and has won many national and worlds titles. All I am saying is Worlds is about trying to win not going for the experience of being there. We will have to agree to disagree.
Not agreeing or disagreeing, I see both sides, just offering another perspective.

Isn't Cheer Athletics Jags the only team to ever win on an AL? And they were junior, bumped up to small senior. And of the chain (Is this still a phrase?)

I believe so and I want to say that Orange won once on a partial (could be completely off with that). There have been teams in the International division that have won on an at large, but I am not sure if that counts because until recently those teams didn't really ever receive paid bids.

I believe so and I want to say that Orange won once on a partial (could be completely off with that). There have been teams in the International division that have won on an at large, but I am not sure if that counts because until recently those teams didn't really ever receive paid bids.

Latest posts

Back