Getting Over Back Handspring Block?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 15407

So, I started gymnastics 3 weeks ago (two days a week!) And I practice BH on a spring board onto a air mat. My coach had me try one on my own yesterday, and i sorta paniced. I had one arm bent, and the other elbow on the ground. Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't. Any sugguestions? What I could be doing wrong?

well there are many things that could be going wrong if you think you have a block you should explain to your coach and she or he should be able to talk you through it i coach a girl that had a really bad tumbling block for months and now she has no block at all i believe the goal is to feel confident in yourself and to find a place where you feel comfortable doing the bh like a mat or a track or something

i had a block and really its all about feeling comfortable with the skill what i did was get spotted as often as i could and slowing asked for a spot less and less. Really all it is in the end is deciding that you wana do it and how fed up with the fact you cant anymore! thats how it happened for me I was upset and told myself before i went into the gym and said enough is enough im doing my back handspring today and i did it ! it really all about when u decide your ready and when u truly WANT to do it. its honestly one hundred percent in ur head and the longer u let the fear consume u the more time u are wasting because the sooner u get over it the sooner u get to move on to bigger and better skills! :) hope this helps GOOD LUCK! you got this and u know it! just make that decision

Back