OT Getting "the Look"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 17, 2010
Hey guys,

My dream has always been to be an NFL cheerleader but I'm having trouble finding a "wow" look. Can any one give me tips on where to find white dance boots, a cute outfit (I've already ordered one at thelineup.net but wasn't too happy) and how to volumize my hair.

Dance boots can probably be found on any website for dance wear (I.e. Caspezio, etc).

To volumize your hair use a volumizing shampoo (Loreal makes some that work great) and when drying your hair, flip your head upside down and dry it that way.. My old hair stylest said to so use a round brush with soft bristles

On the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders' website they have a ton of articles written by the cheerleaders themselves about health, fitness, & beauty. There's also a link to a website where you can order custom dancewear. :)

On the day of tryouts-hire someone to do your blowout for you. If it's super early in the AM-pay a stylist to see you several times to TEACH you how to do it yourself. Many times you can find out the official salon of the team you are trying out for, and make an appointment there.
More important than the look (coaches can see potential when it comes to having "the look") you need to have great dance technique (for most teams, there are only a few stunt teams in the NFL). They really want someone who already fits the mold of the team, not someone who's kicks are *almost* as high as the rest of the team.

Back