OT Giving Up Fierceboard For Lent?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
what brave soul thinks they can do it? :) you'll be back just in time for worlds! lol

but what is everyone actually giving up for lent? (for those of you that do this)

i thought about giving up social networking as a whole. but i think i should start with baby steps lol i'm giving up facebook.

what brave soul thinks they can do it? :) you'll be back just in time for worlds! lol

but what is everyone actually giving up for lent? (for those of you that do this)

i thought about giving up social networking as a whole. but i think i should start with baby steps lol i'm giving up facebook.

I saw that. Good luck. I imagine you'll replace it with more Fierceboard and Twitter though.

So I'm pretty much a twice a year Catholic. Christmas and Easter. And every year I think I should be good and give something up for lent, and go to church on Ash Wednesday, and I never do. I just can't do it. I'm a terrible Catholic.

Though if I *were* doing it, I should probably give up Tea. I don't like coffee so I have a cup or two of tea every morning at work and on the weekends when I wake up.

I saw that. Good luck. I imagine you'll replace it with more Fierceboard and Twitter though.

i've been pretty good about the amount of time i spend on fierceboard. and the only reason i didn't include twitter is it's not really a distraction like facebook. facebook is bad lol literally, i'll come back from class, and the first thing i'll do is go on facebook. i don't really read twitter except for during big cheer comps, and whoever's tweets go to my phone via text.
but, if it becomes a problem, those 2 are going to have to go on the way side for a bit too. its 40 days, it shouldn't be that bad.

I should...but I won't haha. I am giving up soda

Im giving up potatoes, bread and pasta, kinda like a no carb diet, and drinking nothing but lemon water till worlds lol

So I'm pretty much a twice a year Catholic. Christmas and Easter. And every year I think I should be good and give something up for lent, and go to church on Ash Wednesday, and I never do. I just can't do it. I'm a terrible Catholic.

Though if I *were* doing it, I should probably give up Tea. I don't like coffee so I have a cup or two of tea every morning at work and on the weekends when I wake up.

Haha, we have a name for you guys: Cheasters. Pronounced sorta like cheaters, and it's not a coincidence. It's the non-practicing "Catholics" (i use the term loosely) that take up all the good seats, body and blood at Christmas and Easter. and at least your brave enough to admit you can't do it. I respect that. The "cheat on Sundays" people bother me ten times more than the people who don't do it at all. You're supposed to go to church and celebrate christ on those sundays too, but somehow they only tend to remember the cheating part.

And I'm giving up facebook. I used to give up types of food, but I learned there isn't really a food I eat religiously besides yogurt and oranges, and they aren't bad for you. I gave it up last year and it was so much harder then I thought! There's so much stalking I need to do during the months of March and April!

First day and I decided to give up caffein. UGH! Figures I had to be in work early.

Hope my posts don't end up being too testy with everyone

First day and I decided to give up caffein. UGH! Figures I had to be in work early.

Hope my posts don't end up being too testy with everyone

now THAT is a brave soul, I give you mad props!

and you were right, no facebook=more fierceboard. I hate to say it folks, but I guess I'll be seeing you in 40 days....
let's see how well this works lol

Back