High School Gold And Blue Cheer Makeup?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 30, 2013
So I have been given the task of being in charge of my team's makeup for competition, because we are having a sleepover at our coaches house the night before competition. The coaches want me to do a dry run on make up, but I need more ideas. Any help, pictures, or just personal experiences with what you like and dislike about comp makeup would be helpful. Thanks.

Like: Natural colors, not overdramatic smokey eye with a flattering red lipstick or just a hint of color gloss
Dislike: eye makeup that matches uniform colors and glitter.

Not sure if you are high school or all star, but especially with high school less is more. Good luck and have fun at your competition!

A very thin line of Navy blue eyeliner on the top lid. As long as you're doing each of the girl's makeup, you could make the liner wing out a little.. Nothing too dramatic! Add a light, shimmery gold eyeshadow ontop of a neutral beige all-over eyeshadow color. A clean red lip always compliments navy blue nicely (in my opinion).

Avoid glitter, especially for school cheer. Like the user above said, less is more!

One idea could be to do a smoky eye but you a blue eye shadow as the light colour and use a grey as the darker colour and so you get the gold either get a gold glitter liner over black winged liner to make it pop or sweep a gold shimmer dust

I personally like red lips for cheer but nice pink lips could also work

for high school, less is more. Red lips, navy eye liner, natural/beige eye lid with gold shimmer over it. NO GLITTER! and nothing too dramatic. You want the judges to focus on your moves, not your face. Don't forget the blush on the apples of your cheek too, adds some life to a face.

I personally like red lips for cheer but nice pink lips could also work
Red lips are my favorite. That or more of a berry color. To me it's hard to find a shade of pink that looks good on everyone. Too bright and it looks like a little kid playing with makeup and too light it seems to look more grandma-ish.

Red lips are my favorite. That or more of a berry color. To me it's hard to find a shade of pink that looks good on everyone. Too bright and it looks like a little kid playing with makeup and too light it seems to look more grandma-ish.

I love red lips too because their lips are not lost on the mat but I have seen team go with a pinky nude before and look ok but red just seems to work for everyone

Just something to be aware of - on pale girls the lighter gold eyeshadows can look a little yellow and make them look sickly. You either need a really pigmented color or a blend of two colors to make it pop. Looks beautiful on anyone with olive skin or darker, though.

I am that girl. I look jaundice-y with gold eye makeup.

Back