All-Star Good Gyms (for Younger Kids) Near Indianapolis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You will grow to love Indy - my husband and I lived there for a couple of years before kids. There are a lot of great areas - Greenwood to the south, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield/Noblesville to the north, and plenty of great neighborhoods inside the city too! There is so much to do and downtown is great especially if you like pro sports!

Thank you all so much for your input. I'm taking every little tidbit in to help with our decision. We actually lived in Indy for 2 years about 9 years ago. My oldest daughter was born in Noblesville and we lived in Carmel before that. We did like it back then, but we are in such a different place in our lives now. If it was just us no big deal, but taking the kids out of their comfort zone (when we really sold them on Cinci as their home town) is eating me up. We are struggling to find the area we want to be in that has the right combo of good schools, homes we like, good proximity to the gym we choose, good proximity to retail, etc. Sometime soon I'm hoping I can look back and wonder why I was so worried about it all :)

I know you said that visiting gyms isn't a possibility, but I encourage you to try as hard as you can. Knowing people at the new gym in Indy before moving there will lessen the blow and give your kids something to look forward to.

We are able to visit some gyms, but what I would have preferred would have been to have them tumble a few places and see the gym dynamic. We visited Elite yesterday and their owner was fantastic. She honestly spent over an hour with us and let the girls play in the gym. We only get an opportunity to come out on Saturdays though and we can't leave until after the girls' soccer games...pair that with house hunting and we don't end up with much time. We will be back next weekend though and hope to stop by at least one more...and do the same the next weekend and the one following...we'll be doing a lot of driving!

I know the feeling, we just moved to Georgia almost a year ago. I contacted a few gyms via email and telephone. Believe it or not this also helped make my decision. Timely responses and just overall courtesy was a factor for me.

It is a factor for me how timely they are about responding. I sent emails because I'm not the best on the phone. I always leave things out in a phone call because I get caught up in the conversation. I was happy with how quick and thorough the ones who responded were. The others are probably off the list.

I'm totally mourning that my girls won't be able to cheer at the gym they've been tumbling at. It is the perfect fit for all my girls needs and I fear I won't find that anywhere else. We're there now and I love how happy they are here.

Thank you all so much for your input. I'm taking every little tidbit in to help with our decision. We actually lived in Indy for 2 years about 9 years ago. My oldest daughter was born in Noblesville and we lived in Carmel before that. We did like it back then, but we are in such a different place in our lives now. If it was just us no big deal, but taking the kids out of their comfort zone (when we really sold them on Cinci as their home town) is eating me up. We are struggling to find the area we want to be in that has the right combo of good schools, homes we like, good proximity to the gym we choose, good proximity to retail, etc. Sometime soon I'm hoping I can look back and wonder why I was so worried about it all :)

They'll be resilient. I was born in Pittsburgh, moved to Houston, lived in Cincinnati (Delhi) for most of elementary school, Dayton for all of 5 months, grand rapids Michigan for middle school and moved to nc when I got to high school. On the upside, moving around like that gives you an education you'd NEVER get in a classroom and with social networking nowadays, it would've been a totally different thing. I had to leave my friends and we (literally) never saw each other again. Wrote some snail mail for a few months and that was it.

With Skype, FaceTime,Facebook, twitter etc. etc. that's a different experience now. They'll be okay :D have faith.

That's the mantra I need to keep repeating "they'll be okay". It was a rough day with them coming home from school telling me how much they love their school and friends and at tumbling telling me how much they love that place and are excited to cheer there (they clearly don't grasp the reality yet). I swear my kids aren't gushy kids and I would have never heard so many flowery words if it weren't for the impending change...just figures.

Your girls will probably do great! If you're anything like me, I would move back in a heart beat! We went from a very small gym to the Stingrays, I felt like a minnow in a large shark tank. Lol! But our experience has been nothing but wonderful, from the parents and children, the coaches and all the front office staff. My advice keep an open mind and all will fall into place! good Luck;)

They will be fine! There might be a couple of tears, but it's a great area. Plus you have good gym choices :). I think moves are harder on parents than kiddos. At least the anticipation of moving is. It's hard when it's forced on you.

I know they'll be fine. I'm just working through having to change the plans we had for them. My husband and I keep reminding each other that WE are the stability in their lives, and therefore they will be fine anywhere.

I don't see us needing to travel so far away. There are plenty of gyms in the Indy area. I'm sure one of them will be a good fit.

That's the mantra I need to keep repeating "they'll be okay". It was a rough day with them coming home from school telling me how much they love their school and friends and at tumbling telling me how much they love that place and are excited to cheer there (they clearly don't grasp the reality yet). I swear my kids aren't gushy kids and I would have never heard so many flowery words if it weren't for the impending change...just figures.
They will be. I swear my parents felt worse about it than I did. I always milked the sympathy card for at least a semester in school too :D but as soon as they meet new people and get keyed in to a new place...it will be fine. Trust me.

Back