All-Star Goodbye Stunt Bobbles?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

no it's not.

Athlete Fall is still .25 (same as last year)
Building Fall increased from .5 to .75
Major Building Fall increased from .75 to 1.25
Maximum increased from 1.0 to 1.75

Out of Bounds is still .25
Time limit violoation increased from .5 to 2.0
Tumbling violation increased from .5 to 1.0
Building violation increased from 1.0 to 2.0
Unsportsmanlike increased from 2.0 to 4.0

Bobbles were .25 and now exist only in technique which will probably wind up hitting teams harder than the original deduction. There's also no set deduction for them, so it's entirely up to the opinion of the panel judge how much to take off. Also, since coaches are not allowed to contest technique scores, being that it is completely subjective, there's no way of knowing how each potential bobble/balance check has impacted your score.
Might be my general skepticism but I see this as the caveat to the new distinction between elite and level appropriate skills. When I saw that the first thing I thought was we were going to see a bunch of sloppy routines from teams trying to put up elite skills that don't have them. I think this is the flip side to that from the judges saying "think twice because if it's not clean...."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be my general skepticism but I see this as the caveat to the new distinction between elite and level appropriate skills. When I saw that the first thing I thought was we were going to see a bunch of sloppy routines from teams trying to put up elite skills that don't have them. I think this is the flip side to that from the judges saying "think twice because if it's not clean...."

The only way to max out the quantity section is to have a full team execute an elite level skill. I imagine very few teams will intentionally give up .2 - .4 right off the bat by not doing it.

The only way to max out the quantity section is to have a full team execute an elite level skill. I imagine very few teams will intentionally give up .2 - .4 right off the bat by not doing it.
That's what scares me. How many of those teams should NOT be attempting that?

That's what scares me. How many of those teams should NOT be attempting that?

Honestly, the list of elite level stunts are things the vast majority of teams are doing anyway. Taking a bobble deduction and moving it to execution only increases the amount of the deduction. A bobble will be potentially more hurtful than a fall.

Back