OT Goodnight Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i was in Hurricane Katrina and it's safe to say I've never had so much fun playing Monopoly. haha Make sure you have plenty of water, and gas/charcoal for your grill. and gas if you have a generator. If you don't have a generator i HIGHLY recommend you get one. They are soooo useful! But you also learn why storm watchers and meteorologist love their job so much! it's SO cool!

Praying for all who will be affected by Irene...they say New York is supposed to get hit pretty hard!

cheerloveee said:
What states are supposed to get hit pretty hard?

Right now it looks like all up the coast and probably within about 150 miles. It's path is up NC, VA, NJ, NY, MA. Hopefully it will weaken by the time it gets that far north but traveling up the coast it will be able to pick up a lot of water and dump it farther west.

My job just sent me down to Shreveport, Louisiana because of the storm. Are you near there?

For anyone worried would expect about e same rain and wind as a thunderstorm out till around I-95 on the coast. East of that it will get stronger and it looks like the eye might pass right over the outer banks and then go up the coast toward NY

No I live in (Tiger Country) Baton Rouge which is about 4 hours from Shreveport. Enjoy your stay and get some good cajun food.

No I live in (Tiger Country) Baton Rouge which is about 4 hours from Shreveport. Enjoy your stay and get some good cajun food.

If you know anyone near Shreveport I could use a good tour guide.

i live in northern jersey, my cousins live in lbi and they got evacuated today, and my friends did too that live down there.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral has a lot of information of the projected paths and what not.

I watched the weather on the news last night and they said originally it looked like it was going to head straight through New England, and possibly wipe out a lot on Nantucket, but now they were saying it would stay more in New York and western New England. Those areas would get a ton of rain, and the rest of land to the east not getting a ton of rain would be getting very strong winds. I haven't watched any weather reports since then, but all we can do is hope that the storm downgrades and pray for everyone to stay safe!

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral has a lot of information of the projected paths and what not.

I watched the weather on the news last night and they said originally it looked like it was going to head straight through New England, and possibly wipe out a lot on Nantucket, but now they were saying it would stay more in New York and western New England. Those areas would get a ton of rain, and the rest of land to the east not getting a ton of rain would be getting very strong winds. I haven't watched any weather reports since then, but all we can do is hope that the storm downgrades and pray for everyone to stay safe!

OMG. I never thought about the Cape. They're gonna get hit hard! ):

map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

Never thought I'd say that I would live through a HURRICANE living in New England let alone be in the "extreme" threat zone. Storms like this tend to die out by the time they get here.. or at least hopefully. Stay safe everyone!

I remember Hurricane Gloria (i was young) first hurricane I ever went through. I remember playing cards, board games, and eating pb&j. Oh, and watching the treetops bend over and touch their trunks. Wild. Hurricane Floyd-not a major one, but was working as EMT then, worked from 4am-9am the following day without stopping. Lots of evacuations, flooding, crazy calls. I didn't go through Katrina, but my grandparents did-I have vivid memories (horrible memories) of the aftermath and cleaning out the devastation that was their house and life. Worst two weeks of my life. I think that was the last hurricane run-in I had. The only thing we could do then was drink. LOTS.

OMG. I never thought about the Cape. They're gonna get hit hard! ):

map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

Never thought I'd say that I would live through a HURRICANE living in New England let alone be in the "extreme" threat zone. Storms like this tend to die out by the time they get here.. or at least hopefully. Stay safe everyone!

Ugh. me too. I don't even live on the coast! Just east enough in PA to be in that lovely fuschia band.

Only bad storm memories, boo. Sorry. :(Last letter "I" hurricane to hit VA - Isabel. We didn't have power for 13 days. My advice? Get a job in a bar - that's my only good memory: all the cold beer and ice I could handle from work (they were closed for no power too, but the ice machine kept the ice cold for almost the whole 2 weeks!). No real food for 2 weeks tho - just canned food served room temp.

I gotta tell you - the earthquake and another hurricane headed that way is not making it look good for me moving back there though. Put another point in Rochester's column. :p
yeah isabel hit chesapeake beach too, where i live, i dont rember it that well though i was only 4 or 5..

Back