All-Star Grammar Thread - Have At It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Heroin and Heroine.

Related, unrelated....My Starbucks cup said this once

15ryzoi.jpg

Has this been discussed on here? I don't even care because the struggle is so real for this and it just kills me.

BALLING/BAWLING

You were not BALLING crying. You were bawling. Unless you were actually playing ball while crying. My friend just texted me this today and it took everything in my power not to correct her (she actually was really upset and having a rough day so I decided it wasn't the time or the place). But come on. We have college degrees, here.

Since the thread is back...

It's ETC. It's the abbreviation for "et cetera" - it is not ECT.

It's also not pronounced "ek-settera," it's pronounced just like it's spelled - ET. SET. ER. A.

What do people who use "ect" think it's short for?

And yes yes yes to the above post about "another thing coming" - even Judas Priest got it wrong. This one drives me crazy! I never even knew people thought this until recently.

Since the thread is back...

It's ETC. It's the abbreviation for "et cetera" - it is not ECT.

It's also not pronounced "ek-settera," it's pronounced just like it's spelled - ET. SET. ER. A.

What do people who use "ect" think it's short for?

And yes yes yes to the above post about "another thing coming" - even Judas Priest got it wrong. This one drives me crazy! I never even knew people thought this until recently.
Unless you're talking to me [emoji23] I'm ECT weirdly enough, I don't notice that of all things

Resurrecting this thread because I need to vent about something I read in another thread (and see too frequently).

The expression is "If you think xyz...you've got another THINK coming." Not THING.
I learn something new every day.

And yes, that Judas Priest song is now forever tainted for me.

Back