College Guys Flying In Basket Tosses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just saw N.C. State's nationals routine where a guy did a double-full twisting basket.

I feel like (as a spectator only) I would die seeing a male, with female bases, especially, perform a skill in a non-traditional way. Like @INeverStopCheering said, it shows diversity, strength and creativity. I don't think it "looks" funny at all, as long as that male flyer performs as well as, if not better than, the female flyers.
Whether traditional or not is irrelevant. Try to think how many skills teams consistently perform now that, at some point, were brand new.

The NCA vs UCA debate is years old, ultimately it comes down to preference. Guys in baskets to me is meh, don't really care one way or the other, however I've seen some SICK baskets over the years, but since'07 haven't seen ANY baskets NCA/UCA that are entertaining. I feel any basket now is easy to teach so I'd use my guys more for strength but Joey is amazing as well as Tye, I just don't really see the point anymore bc you can only do 2 skills, gone (tear) are the days of the "Grazier, Grazier +, Grazier 2" etc. which is sad. When guys flew in full split full etc baskets I was all about watching them!!!

Back