Gym Hoppers.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont believe in gym hopping but if I am not getting what I need for my cheerleader, I will roll out!

totally agree with this post. my priority is to my child and if it's not working then it time to be ghost.

I think people who hop gyms are not in it for the experience and the team bond you have .. they just are in it to win it . Dont get me wrong winning is AAWESOME ! but its more fun when you do it with a team you have bonded with and worked hard together to win ! Just to hop gyms to win .. really ? winning isnt everything .

I knew a girl who's parents split, and one wanted her to cheer at a certain gym, and one at another. So she was cheering 2 gyms at the same time. And I think she double teamed at one point.. Crazy. I think the funniest is when you switch gyms, and the go back to the same one you moved from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the funniest is when you switch gyms, and the go back to the same one you moved from.

I don't get that either. We had one athlete this season do that twice! Tried out at our program, started practice with another, came back to us 1 month later, went back to the other gym 4 days before their first competition in October, competed with them at that one competition and stayed a month, and is now back with our gym.

I don't get that either. We had one athlete this season do that twice! Tried out at our program, started practice with another, came back to us 1 month later, went back to the other gym 4 days before their first competition in October, competed with them at that one competition and stayed a month, and is now back with our gym.

Sounds like the girl im talking about. I think it's just funny because she talks trash about the other gym, and then goes back to them. All for attention....

i honestly think it all depends on why you're switching gyms. if someone simply switches gyms because they want to win, or because they don't like someone on the team, that's a bit shallow. but if their family is moving and it's more convenient, or if they need to go somewhere with more experienced coaces that's understandable.

but regardless, at least finish out the season.... leaving halfway through is disrespectful and shows no sportsmanship

Bringing this thread back just because I found out a girl who I've known since 1st grade or so has finally joined every gym within an hour of her, and she started in 4th grade :confused:... She even tweeted about it in a "bragging" manor..

there's a lady we met at my old gym. The year we switched to my new gym, she came along too. She said it wasn't as "glamorous" as the old gym. So she went back there. After a terrible season and not one win, surprise! She's back at our gym again. Guess we were glamorous enough. After all, we're good, and we actually win.

I've cheered for 11 years and i've been at 5 gyms. the first three closed in the first 4 years that i was cheering, and then i went to be on a team at one gym. All star cheerleading is expensive, and the fact that i had a triple toe-back and a full, and they put me on a level 2 team.. it was kinda ridiculous. i stuck it out through the whole season and then moved to my current gym!:) (i'm only tumbling there now. going back to all-star for my senior year next year!)

Back