All-Star Gym Merges

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, unfortunately the decision of a few athletes to leave created a huge ripple effect. :( Very sad given the amount of success they had the last few seasons.
I know my daughter cheered there for a lil while ... Some of their very loyal members left ... too bad they always have great routines from Lev 1 to 5

Yes, unfortunately the decision of a few athletes to leave created a huge ripple effect. :( Very sad given the amount of success they had the last few seasons.

wow....just wow. You are blaming "a few athletes" on a gym's demise? I am going to try to be as polite as I can in my response to this. It's a free country - and as far as I know these athletes fulfilled their commitment to this gym last season. It's a free country, and as mentioned in several other threads if you aren't happy with the service your gym is providing, you are free to shop around elsewhere for the new season. Certain gyms are successful for a reason, and certain gyms fail for a reason. Instead of accusing these athletes of being the ones to shut down a gym, perhaps you should reevaluate the practices of the gym and consider that maybe there were reasons these athletes chose to cheer elsewhere. I hope those that have chosen to go elsewhere are happy with their new cheer home, and those that have chosen to stay with the new gym are happy as well.

wow....just wow. You are blaming "a few athletes" on a gym's demise? I am going to try to be as polite as I can in my response to this. It's a free country - and as far as I know these athletes fulfilled their commitment to this gym last season. It's a free country, and as mentioned in several other threads if you aren't happy with the service your gym is providing, you are free to shop around elsewhere for the new season. Certain gyms are successful for a reason, and certain gyms fail for a reason. Instead of accusing these athletes of being the ones to shut down a gym, perhaps you should reevaluate the practices of the gym and consider that maybe there were reasons these athletes chose to cheer elsewhere. I hope those that have chosen to go elsewhere are happy with their new cheer home, and those that have chosen to stay with the new gym are happy as well.

Woah...easy there. Nowhere did I accuse anyone of being responsible for the closing of the gym! There was indeed a ripple effect where many kids followed their friends. There is no responsibility in that and I never implied that there was. I know just about all of these kids and their parents personally (do you?)and have been told by quite a few that they left to be with their friends. I went back and re read my post and have no idea why you jumped to say I was placing blame on anyone...SMH

I've heard many left for reasons other than being with their friends.
I'm sure you have and I'm sure you and others will hear all kinds of things. No doubt kids left for different reasons but some of the people that left (in the second wave) are some of my closest friends and the top reasons out of that group were friends leaving, lack of a coed team and questions about how strong the all girl team would be.

Back