All-Star Gym Websites

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheeraholic

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2014
Why is it that Cheer gyms set up websites and then don't keep them updated? We're considering switching gyms for next season so I've been doing a lot of research. Every single one of the six gyms I've been watching are terrible about keeping their sites current. One of the major things I'm taking into consideration is how that gym performs in competitions. Some don't post any results at all, some are from last year, and others are just a few comps behind. What's the big secret? I end up having to do a ton of detective work to find what I'm looking for. I'd love it if gym sites listed on their results page the competition they were at, the date they were there, the team's division, the place they came in, and how many teams competed.
This
Cheersport 3/11/14
Black Ops (Sr. 5) 4th place (out of 11)

This is pretty common from a number of programs I have known. To many, including some very prominant well-known programs, keeping up to date website information is not a priority.

Like @SharkDad said, there are a million other things that gym owners find more important than keeping outsiders updated on competition placements. That may not be a bad thing--that attention is probably focused within the gym. I do understand why you want to see team placements, but I just don't think it's a big deal to keep them updated on the website.

If you have the time you can go to the different comp. websites and look up placements. Varsity brands are good about listing results. NCA is one of my fav. because it also list scores.

Like @SharkDad said, there are a million other things that gym owners find more important than keeping outsiders updated on competition placements. That may not be a bad thing--that attention is probably focused within the gym. I do understand why you want to see team placements, but I just don't think it's a big deal to keep them updated on the website.

I get that they're really busy. But at the same time, tryouts are coming soon. This is the time that people start looking around. And for lots of people, they begin their search on the internet. One team I was checking out had a website that was so outdated that I assumed that they were closed. Then I saw them at a competition. :)

Sadly I think another reason some gyms don't post the competitions they attend and their results are the fact that the competition results aren't in line with their advertising of attending Worlds and the Worlds Bids they have received. Our gym unfortunately practices this. They certainly advertise the fact that they have had teams attend worlds for several years, but fail to mention that they received the At Large (and actually 2 Partial Paid bids) to Worlds because they attended comps at the end of the season - even coming in last place at times - but all the teams ahead of them already had bids or passed on them, so they received what I like to call their "Default Pity Bids". It is one thing that has always really bugged me and made me question them and wonder if we're at the right place - so I too have been online looking at other gyms. ;)

I don't twit...or is it tweet? I think it's tweet. Facebook has been helpful though.
I don't tweet either, but I have an account and follow my gym and a few others because it's the quickest way to get competition results. I also use it to stalk my kids' accounts. I've never actually, nor do I plan on, tweeting anything ever!

Sadly I think another reason some gyms don't post the competitions they attend and their results are the fact that the competition results aren't in line with their advertising of attending Worlds and the Worlds Bids they have received. Our gym unfortunately practices this. They certainly advertise the fact that they have had teams attend worlds for several years, but fail to mention that they received the At Large (and actually 2 Partial Paid bids) to Worlds because they attended comps at the end of the season - even coming in last place at times - but all the teams ahead of them already had bids or passed on them, so they received what I like to call their "Default Pity Bids". It is one thing that has always really bugged me and made me question them and wonder if we're at the right place - so I too have been online looking at other gyms. ;)

I've wondered about those bids. I see all these gyms with quarter season worlds teams. I've seen two around here that just started practicing in February and they won a bid in March. How can that be? And where are all those new cheerleaders coming from? I thought earning a bid to worlds, paid or otherwise, was an honor. But if they just pass them out it makes it seem like they're only trying to get more money. And it kinda dilutes the honor of earning a worlds bid.

Back