All-Star Gymnastics Equipment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We share space with a gymnastics program so we have all the same equipment everyone is talking about here so when they set up drill stations we use it all depending on the drills they're working on after all as they're fond of saying, "you gotta drill to get the skill."

But the latest thing the kids like that we love is a stretching chair. You crank the wheel and it spreads their legs in a toe touch position. The little ones love to crank the wheel they don't even get that it's helping. You should have seen our baby minis jumps at the last competition! They weren't exactly together...most of them are barely mini age, so that poses its own challenge but they were high!

My kids like it so much and my son is SO inflexible because he's growing so fast and has looooooong legs ( he's almost 14 and he's over 5-10 at this point) we bought one from karatejoes.com for the basement. If he's gonna play his play station for two hours at a time...he can do it from his new "gaming chair."

Jumps are ALREADY higher!

A company called Team Tumbling sell these awesome flip disks. It's like a mini airtrack (which is like a more responsive tumbltrak). The beauty of the disks is that you can put them anywhere, on top of a wedge for bhs, on the floor for bhs progressions, punch fronts and tucks. It gives just that little bit of extra spring for when a skill is almost ready for the floor.

I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone. Google team tumbling, or 360 tumbling. Something like that. The guy who sold the equipment to our gym even came all the way out to Australia to show us how to use it all properly. Really nice guy.

A company called Team Tumbling sell these awesome flip disks. It's like a mini airtrack (which is like a more responsive tumbltrak). The beauty of the disks is that you can put them anywhere, on top of a wedge for bhs, on the floor for bhs progressions, punch fronts and tucks. It gives just that little bit of extra spring for when a skill is almost ready for the floor.

I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone. Google team tumbling, or 360 tumbling. Something like that. The guy who sold the equipment to our gym even came all the way out to Australia to show us how to use it all properly. Really nice guy.
Not sure if this is what you mean but we have a few of these and they are awesome! Jr. Sweet Spot - tumbling training mat preschool - Tumbl Trak - Gymnastics, Cheerleading and Dance Equipment

Please don't waste your money. Like another poster said, it can be duplicated for about $10. We have several different heights and sizes at our gym made by a dad for a fraction of the cost.
We use acro blocks now but they don't help with full ups. That's what I was interested in the most. How are they made? I don't want anything that will break either so I need it to be good quality (safety first!).

I use pretty much what cupieqt posted but what is a boulder? Maybe it is lost in translation and called something different over here. I also find the floor foam beam and low solid beam invaluable. Flyers use it when trying out new stretches, and we use them both for over stretching splits (even better if the low beam is adjustable as well ;)) We have acro blocks, a couple of the real deal and a couple of sets that parents have made. We only go to L2 flying at the moment so we don't need the twist mount one so much yet. When we do I'll have to rethink. We also have some spinning wobble boards which are brilliant, one of them even flashes if the edge touches the floor - the younger ones in particular love this one. We also nick the boys mushrooms to practice loads and balance when they are not in the gym (they would kill us if they ever knew ;)). They are a good height off the floor and it really helps with the 'step/lock' aspect for new flyers.

Next on my list is an evotrack and a sweet spot, but I guess that will be some time as we have just got a new sprung floor purchased and that was a LOT of money. It's a big deal over here for squads to have a sprung floor, not many do and if they do it is usually a gymnastic size one. I'm SO excited for ours to arrive, it's a proper cheerleading one and it's going to be AWESOME :D

We use acro blocks now but they don't help with full ups. That's what I was interested in the most. How are they made? I don't want anything that will break either so I need it to be good quality (safety first!).

I saw a neat idea at a conference a few weeks ago. Use the white furniture sliders for the flyers learning how to full up. They are about ten dollars for a pack of four. They slide very well on carpet and if you wanted to use them on a hard floor you could just glue cloth to the bottom. He had the flyer stand with her right foot on the slider and then pretend to load, stand up, and turn her hip into his hand (half way the first time). The flyer won't get around all the way unless she stays over the ball of her foot. There are tons of cool conditioning drills you can use the sliders for too! :)

Oh, for full ups. I don't use any "equipment" for full ups. We use the blocks for locking/body positions. I've heard of people using a "lazy susan" which seems to be the same thing as the "full up machine". Mostly lots of yelling to get full ups lol.

We share space with a gymnastics program so we have all the same equipment everyone is talking about here so when they set up drill stations we use it all depending on the drills they're working on after all as they're fond of saying, "you gotta drill to get the skill."

But the latest thing the kids like that we love is a stretching chair. You crank the wheel and it spreads their legs in a toe touch position. The little ones love to crank the wheel they don't even get that it's helping. You should have seen our baby minis jumps at the last competition! They weren't exactly together...most of them are barely mini age, so that poses its own challenge but they were high!

My kids like it so much and my son is SO inflexible because he's growing so fast and has looooooong legs ( he's almost 14 and he's over 5-10 at this point) we bought one from karatejoes.com for the basement. If he's gonna play his play station for two hours at a time...he can do it from his new "gaming chair."

Jumps are ALREADY higher!
Versaflex is this what you're talking about? I want one NOW.

I saw a neat idea at a conference a few weeks ago. Use the white furniture sliders for the flyers learning how to full up. They are about ten dollars for a pack of four. They slide very well on carpet and if you wanted to use them on a hard floor you could just glue cloth to the bottom. He had the flyer stand with her right foot on the slider and then pretend to load, stand up, and turn her hip into his hand (half way the first time). The flyer won't get around all the way unless she stays over the ball of her foot. There are tons of cool conditioning drills you can use the sliders for too! :)
we use furniture sliders but I want something they have to step lock full and stick their body positions on.
I use furniture sliders for lots of things! Frisbees too : )

Latest posts

Back