OT Gymnastics Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I looked up to Nastia for years and would LOVE to see one more Olympic games out of her :) all the young gymnasts don't have that pizzazz and to me it's a bit disappointing watching them perform.

Gabby needs to steal the Romanian girl's stash of hair clippies.

No she needs to rock a short cut like Dominique Dawes or get some micro braids. This relaxer/gel/massive weave pony tail combination has badly damaged her hair and as a black woman it flat out drives me nuts... Esp since I know that from all of the sweating she goes through it just messes up her hair more....Shes a great gymnast...but that hair. girl.

when i was a gymnast i always had my hair in a cute twisted or braided design in the front and then a bun at the top of my head in the back. we did that for state and regionals and then for regular meets we just had a bun or ponytail. I never knew this hair thing could be such a big deal.

No she needs to rock a short cut like Dominique Dawes or get some micro braids. This relaxer/gel/massive weave pony tail combination has badly damaged her hair and as a black woman it flat out drives me nuts... Esp since I know that from all of the sweating she goes through it just messes up her hair more....Shes a great gymnast...but that hair. girl.

You sound like me. I never watched her perform until this weekend and all I kept saying is "I had that hairstyle in elementary school" Im 25. Im not stylist but that ponytail is driving me crazy.

well, shawn just announced that she is retiring soo.....

I figured she would when people started talking about her book coming out this week and the lack of training. I wondered how many companies will continue to sponsor her now that she is done.

well, shawn just announced that she is retiring soo.....
Mehh..at least two of the gymnasts we have I don't really like the look of (Aly and Jordyn). Nastia better make it, or I won't have anything pretty to look at during the games. Unless I'm watching Mustafina..

I figured she would when people started talking about her book coming out this week and the lack of training. I wondered how many companies will continue to sponsor her now that she is done.
i could have guessed this as well. i never thought she was really into it after she came back anyway, i'll miss her!

i could have guessed this as well. i never thought she was really into it after she came back anyway, i'll miss her!
I thought she was coming back initially, but after a while when you're not going anywhere, it can be easy to mentally withdraw without realizing you are.

Mehh..at least two of the gymnasts we have I don't really like the look of (Aly and Jordyn). Nastia better make it, or I won't have anything pretty to look at during the games. Unless I'm watching Mustafina..

Im pulling for Nastia to make it too. She is the only gymnast to ever make me cry and I cried like a baby. I dont care for Aly or Jordyn and from what Im reading Gabby is a complete headcase. I'll be glued to my computer this weekend.

Im pulling for Nastia to make it too. She is the only gymnast to ever make me cry and I cried like a baby. I dont care for Aly or Jordyn and from what Im reading Gabby is a complete headcase. I'll be glued to my computer this weekend.
I have work Sat night, so I'll miss most of that. Hope I can find it saved online somewhere to watch..

I think the over-training these girls had in '08 is what knocked them out now. Yes, Shawn was injured outside of gymnastics, but the amount of training required of them initially probably made them more susceptible to injury and made the recovery particularly difficult.

Ugh I have a wedding Saturday night... going to be awkwardly dancing and checking twitter on my phone. On the whole Shawn thing, I'm quite upset, but not surprised. I just feel like she's been doing too much...other stuff, and not as focused as Nastia or even ASac (or so they seem). Ya can't expect to hang with the youngin's if you're writing a book, or skiing (and getting injured as a result), while they're in the gym training 24/7. On that note, I think it'll be very interesting to see how this weekend unfolds!

Back