All-Star Gyms In Michigan?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 9, 2011
Hi Everyone
I'm a senior in high school and just decided where I'm going to college. I picked a school in Grand Rapids, Michigan. My school doesn't have a cheer team, but does anyone know of any gyms in the area? Most of the ones I've seen online are from the Detroit or Ann Arbor area.

Congrats on choosing the college you're going to attend! Are you looking for a gym with an open team or are you going to super senior? I'm not familiar with Michigan but this will probably help people who are that can help you :)

the 3 most well known gyms in michigan are in the metro-detroit area (elite cheer, Vizion, and Michigan extreme) and then theres Midwest Xplosion in Commerce but thats still closer to detroit. I'm not sure that there are any gyms on the west side of the state, if there are they are most likely VERY small programs. Feel free to message me with any questions.

ryann3794 is right. The bigger gyms are on the east side of the state closer to Detroit (within an hour or so). Lansing (about an hour away from GR) has a couple of gyms - Capital Cheer, Mid Mich Gemz, and a couple of other smaller gyms or half year programs.

Looking on the USASF site for member gyms there is 1 listed in Grand Rapids, but it doesn't look like it's a full year competitive program. There were a couple in Kalamazoo which is also about an hour from GR.

Good Luck!

ryann3794 is right. The bigger gyms are on the east side of the state closer to Detroit (within an hour or so). Lansing (about an hour away from GR) has a couple of gyms - Capital Cheer, Mid Mich Gemz, and a couple of other smaller gyms or half year programs.

Looking on the USASF site for member gyms there is 1 listed in Grand Rapids, but it doesn't look like it's a full year competitive program. There were a couple in Kalamazoo which is also about an hour from GR.

Good Luck!
Lansing also has Mid Michigan All-Stars

Good Luck!
right. Not trying to be rude at all but the programs in mid michigan aren't really super competitive.. Honestly the only gyms in Michigan that are actually good competition out of the state would be Michigan extreme, Vizion, midwest Xplosion, Elite cheer, and Trilogy is also good but they are a small program this season. Again, not trying to be rude at all, I'm just putting out the realistic View of Michigan All star cheer.

You can always google "gyms of Michigan" and it brings you to a site where it lists most gyms in whichever state, gymnastics and cheer. Most include website links so you could always do that and check their site/email them to see if a gym fits what your looking for. It would probably show those smaller gyms that they mentioned there was, if you wanted to look into those at all.

Back