Gyms Of Virgina? What About Norfolk?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 25, 2011
Well, there are alot of good teams through out the state of Virginia, But there are ALLSTAR teams in Norfolk Virginia. Why not? Every one goes to Va.Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport Newss, Hampton. Those places are a tad bit far...And YES i know if you want something goo you have to go far, well why cant a good team be right around the corner or a 30 minute drive. And the teams that are in Norfolk <VAC, Azalea Allstars>, Do not have gyms or proper tumbling equipment, and do not compete as much as wished.
<IF THERE IS A COACH OUT THERE IN VIRGINIA AREA OF THOSE STATED ABOVE>PLease come to Norfolk and create a gym! There are ALOT of boys and girls here that would defenetly join and make it worth it, alot of parents would be very pleased! So if your out there...COME HERE!

Virginia Beach is not so far... I know Norfolk needs one too, I used to live there. But Virginia Beach has Fame, Wild, Extreme Supreme, Epic--so many to choose from! If you're a "Pilot", then I think I know roughly what part of Norfolk you're in. Try Epic--I think they're in the "Norfolk" part of Virginia Beach. :) Good luck--I know Norfolk needs some cheer, but I don't know if it's gonna happen. Are you cheering somewhere now?

We drive past 2 gyms to get to our gym 35 minutes away with no traffic!!! I know it stinks but if you love it it will be worth it!

I was just thinking that if he/she is still in high school I doubt it's up to them how far they drive. Not all parents will drive if it's too inconvenient. Us 3 are willing to drive 2 and 3 hours, but not everyone can do that. I know Epic is close enough to Norfolk it might as well be IN Norfolk.

Or you could find someone to carpool to Fame. A LOT of people from Norfolk drive to Fame...people who live close to you.

The girl I have been basing with for the past two years lives in Norfolk and came from azalea.

I don't know if it's the same girl, but a girl I know on your team comes from there too--or maybe Ocean view?

See? LOTS of carpool options from Norfolk! :) Just gotta ask around. See if you can get to some open houses or tryouts at the gyms and see if anyone is from your area.

I cheered for Azalea All-Stars from the time i was 7 until I was 19 and aged out. Azalea does have a gym in Norfolk with a foam floor and just a hard practice floor. So they do have the amenities to handle tumbling and tumble training. They practice in downtown near onelife fitness, but teams don't last in Norfolk for one of two reasons ( and I know speaking from experience ) the people who want to cheer but live in Norfolk can't afford the competitive rates that most All-star programs take. Reason number two the girls who really want to cheer in Norfolk and can afford it just take the drive to Va Beach and Cheer for FAME. I know I've seen both sides of the scale since I now am a FAME cheerleader. Azalea has been around for years and ever since All-Star got huge in VA they've struggled to keep their numbers up. They are still around though I think right now they have a Level 2 Senior and Junior team, if all these people you know in Norfolk really want to cheer send them to Azalea the head Coach Jessica would love to level up her teams, she's a very close friend of mine and if she gets enough girls who pay their tuition on time she'd gladly take her girls (and boys) to compete more. She's actually a really amazing coach.

LOL @kstorme! I recommend Azalea to anyone who cant afford a 30 minute drive to FAME - my daughter cheered at Azalea for years when they were practicing on a cheer mat on a basketball court. We loved it... and all of the coaches. Now that they have the proper space to practice in, hopefully they will get more kids - the kids that might not have the opportunity to go to a bigger gym but still want to cheer in a gym that has all of the heart and love that the bigger gyms do.

Virginia Beach is not so far... I know Norfolk needs one too, I used to live there. But Virginia Beach has Fame, Wild, Extreme Supreme, Epic--so many to choose from! If you're a "Pilot", then I think I know roughly what part of Norfolk you're in. Try Epic--I think they're in the "Norfolk" part of Virginia Beach. :) Good luck--I know Norfolk needs some cheer, but I don't know if it's gonna happen. Are you cheering somewhere now?

Yes, i know of all those teams and Epic is in deep Va beach pretty darn close to Fame! Extreme Supreme is about the closest to me. And no i ahd to quit cheering for the time being!

I was just thinking that if he/she is still in high school I doubt it's up to them how far they drive. Not all parents will drive if it's too inconvenient. Us 3 are willing to drive 2 and 3 hours, but not everyone can do that. I know Epic is close enough to Norfolk it might as well be IN Norfolk.

Or you could find someone to carpool to Fame. A LOT of people from Norfolk drive to Fame...people who live close to you.

I have quit a few friends that cheer at Fame which by the way is my dream team, i could probably cheer there if prices werent so hefty! :)

I cheered for Azalea All-Stars from the time i was 7 until I was 19 and aged out. Azalea does have a gym in Norfolk with a foam floor and just a hard practice floor. So they do have the amenities to handle tumbling and tumble training. They practice in downtown near onelife fitness, but teams don't last in Norfolk for one of two reasons ( and I know speaking from experience ) the people who want to cheer but live in Norfolk can't afford the competitive rates that most All-star programs take. Reason number two the girls who really want to cheer in Norfolk and can afford it just take the drive to Va Beach and Cheer for FAME. I know I've seen both sides of the scale since I now am a FAME cheerleader. Azalea has been around for years and ever since All-Star got huge in VA they've struggled to keep their numbers up. They are still around though I think right now they have a Level 2 Senior and Junior team, if all these people you know in Norfolk really want to cheer send them to Azalea the head Coach Jessica would love to level up her teams, she's a very close friend of mine and if she gets enough girls who pay their tuition on time she'd gladly take her girls (and boys) to compete more. She's actually a really amazing coach.

Azalea is a great team and i have been to their gym before and its quite decent! I go to school with girls from Azalea and Fame.

Back