Hair Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2011
This year at worlds, my team competes at 8 in the morning, and we have to have our hair half up half down and curled. It takes me an hour and a half to curl my hair.. on a good day. Is there any alternative i could use to curl my hair like sponge rollers or hot rollers? What do you prefer for traveling or competing? Which turn out nicer?

Without knowing what type of hair you have, it might be hard to say, but...

My cp has relaxed ethnic hair, so it's straight as a board. We don't wash it less than a day before travel to comp. The night before, we section it out (half-up already,) and add conditioning mousse (like Paul Mitchell) to each section just before it gets rolled in L and XL sponge rollers.
If we rolled it wet it wouldn't dry in time. I won't use a curling iron on her since she leaned into it and now looks like somebody took a lit cigar to the back of her neck.

This year at worlds, my team competes at 8 in the morning, and we have to have our hair half up half down and curled. It takes me an hour and a half to curl my hair.. on a good day. Is there any alternative i could use to curl my hair like sponge rollers or hot rollers? What do you prefer for traveling or competing? Which turn out nicer?

You should try these CURLFORMERS. They sell them either online-may not receive them by WORLDS but I found them at Sally Beauty Supply. You take your wet hair in sections and pull it through a curler-it's like a mini pillow case- with a wand and then you let it dry or blow dry them. The curls come out beautiful and after you put the curlers in you don't do a thing until you take them out. They are a little pricey, but well worth it. The curlers come in different sizes and shapes depending on what type of hair and curls you want. Good luck!

Curlers never fail. I have the hardest hair to curl and when I had to curl my hair when I was younger we used setting spray and foam curlers.

I recently had US finals in Virginia Beach and we were going on fairly early. My mom bought these things called I think cheetah curls.... I don't know the name could be different but they're cheetah print so it's kinda hard to miss.... anyways you just roll them up your hair and snap them into place.. then you take them out in the morning spray a little hairspray and you're good to go! The curls last all day. My hair is very fine and doesn't hold a curl from a curling iron very well. I found mine at walgreens.. here's a link:http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wrap-snap-&-go!-comfort-hair-rollers/ID=prod950800-product. To me they're alot better than curlformers because you dont the hook and they're relatively cheap.

The good ol fashioned pink foam curlers work! Make sure your hair is completely dry and roll foward after you spray with a good aresol like big sexy hair-you will be a ok or you can honestly curl it the night before, wrap it and touch it up in the am! Good Luck!

I wouldn't do sponge curlers if I were you. I have very long hair and when we used to use these (back in like, '00 haha) it would make my curls itty bitty and my hair would be up to my chin. Not a good look.

I would do hot rollers if I were you, making sure you spray each one (but do not overspray or it will weight the curls down). Wake up, brush your hair, and roll them first thing in the morning, then you can do all your other things like brushing teeth, washing face, makeup, and changing while they are setting. Then you can take them out in just a few minutes and put the top up, spray them, and you're good to go.

Hot rollers>sponge curlers

The whole hair things, and make-up is far too much in my opinion.

You should try these CURLFORMERS. They sell them either online-may not receive them by WORLDS but I found them at Sally Beauty Supply. You take your wet hair in sections and pull it through a curler-it's like a mini pillow case- with a wand and then you let it dry or blow dry them. The curls come out beautiful and after you put the curlers in you don't do a thing until you take them out. They are a little pricey, but well worth it. The curlers come in different sizes and shapes depending on what type of hair and curls you want. Good luck!

the only downfall to curlformers is they dont work on long hair. and they are really expensive/like 12 dollars for 6 of them. my hair is really long and they didnt come down to the bottom of my hair

like many have said above i use curlformers & they never fail! i got them at sallys beauty supply & i love them! the curls turn out perfect & they last all day. although they are a little pricey they are seriously well worth it i used them all this season. i'm not sure how long @cheerdiva22 's hair is but for my friend who has super long hair we just un-rolled the curlformer while it was in in & after stretching it out it retracted more hair so it ended up all fitting (if that makes any sense lol)

curl your hair the night before! as long as theyre goood curls with ALOT of hairspray they will stay in when you sleep and touch them up in the morning, thats what i did at UCA.

Back