All-Star Half Turn Tik Tok

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
I'm completely drawing a blank. My stunt group and I want to try a half turn tik tok of some kind. I know I've seen people do a lib that power press half turns and then tiks to finish back to the front, I just can't think of anyone specific off the top of my head.

If you can think of teams that did a half turn tik tok could you link a video so I can find the grips?
Has anyone done it before who knows the grips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm completely drawing a blank. My stunt group and I want to try a half turn tik tok of some kind. I know I've seen people do a lib that power press half turns and then tiks to finish back to the front, I just can't think of anyone specific off the top of my head.

If you can think of teams that did a half turn tik tok could you link a video so I can find the grips?

The first one that comes to mind is BSB 2010, I think SSX has done it recently too.

When my stunt group practiced these, we didn't use any special grips. The flyer just loaded in and did a lib towards the back spot (who I think just pushed thigh and shin/ankle on the way up) and main/side base kept a regular grip. This is very tricky for the flyer because she has no back spot on the way up so she has to learn to hold her own! It took a dozen or two tries but once we were able to get up there, the switching part wasn't that hard at all

Go to uca.varsity.com and find El Dorado High School's performance from UCA Nationals 2014. They did a half turn tik tok.

Back