OT Harbowl Vs Cheer Bowl

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

KDCheerMom

Cheer Parent
May 18, 2012
We happen to have a competition (and time) that conflicts with this years Super Bowl. Are others in the same boat? Anyone 49er or Raven Fans? How are you going to handle? Any funny stories from previous years?
My husband can't believe this competition has been scheduled the same day as the Super Bowl - like Superbowl Sunday is a holiday or something. However, if my beloved Bears were in it - I am not sure what I would tell CP.:oops:

Last year if I remember correctly Duel in the Desert was on Super Bowl Sunday. They had a big screen outside playing the Super Bowl so you could watch that instead of the competition. Maybe this competition will have something similar.

Sidenote: Go Niners! I will be ecstatic if SF takes home a world series and a super bowl in the same year *knocks on wood*

Reactions: Ems
I was actually born in the Bay Area so if I have to pick it would be the 49ers.

My dad always had a little battery powered handheld tv with an antenna on it he used for sports during competitions. Im not sure if they still make anything like that or not, but he got it 7-8 years ago at target. Some arenas have free wifi now so if yours does, take a laptop and go to firstrowsports.eu and any sporting event you could want will be streaming on there. If not, try to find a mall/Best Buy/sports bar for the dads to hang out in and they can just run over to see the kids compete. It seems they're happier that way haha

Last year jamfest Chicago was super bowl Sunday. They ran late and awards were after kickoff. I was fit to be tied. They put up that jamfest video they always play and I didn't mean to say it quite so loudly, but I said (yelled) "I swear to God this had better be the super bowl they're about to put on that screen, and not some stupid video!" About 20 people around me cheered...:oops:

We've always had comps on super bowl. This year we have dance. It's annoying. I know it's taboo to say this, but I do have other interests in my life besides cheer/dance...

I'm indifferent to who wins this year - I'm a Steelers fan so I don't like Baltimore, but I don't want to see SF tie the Steelers with 6 rings either.

I've never had one on Super Bowl Sunday but this year I'll be on a plane home from California while it's going on. I'm going for the Ravens because I'm originally from Oakland so I just CAN'T go for the Niners...

My daugthers first year of cheer the superbowl was in miami and they had a competition scheduled the same day in miami. The coach wondered why no one signed up for it and why we were complaining. It ended up being canceled and we never got our competition fees back. I was like I am not dealing with superbowl traffic and in miami no less.

Works out that it is a two day comp this weekend. Entire family is coming on Saturday to cheer CP on. But will likely only be me on Sunday - which is fine with me because I would actually like to check out some of the teams I have been reading about on FB and may be connect with some of you (something my Hubby does not understand)!!! ;)

BTW - I am a HUGE football fan - just not that interested in either team that much this year. But I did get my superbowl numbers back 1 & 1 so will watch for that.

One year in high school we had a competition in Minnesota and we were supposed to spend all Sunday at the Mall of America but my coach made us leave super early so she could get back for the Packer game. Thanks coach.

I'm rooting for the Ravens because I hate the 49ers (I think everyone can figure out why) and Kaepernick bugs the crap out of me.

RAVENSSSSSS. Mainly because they have a coed cheer squad of ACTUAL cheerleaders.
From video's I have seen, they're okay... They wear the same attire as other pro "cheerleaders" they just have guys and throw up some stunts. And they claim to be the ONLY coed NFL cheer team... Does Green Bay not count? I know this sounds bad considering my pic, but I've heard about them before this football season even started and I just wasn't impressed. At least it's a step in the right direction for pro cheer.
Anyways! It's super obvious who I'm rooting for. And though my pic is technically the SF Giants logo, I'd figure I'd keep it a little while longer to show some support. ;)

From video's I have seen, they're okay... They wear the same attire as other pro "cheerleaders" they just have guys and throw up some stunts. And they claim to be the ONLY coed NFL cheer team... Does Green Bay not count? I know this sounds bad considering my pic, but I've heard about them before this football season even started and I just wasn't impressed. At least it's a step in the right direction for pro cheer.
Anyways! It's super obvious who I'm rooting for. And though my pic is technically the SF Giants logo, I'd figure I'd keep it a little while longer to show some support. ;)

They actually do have some decent "real cheerleading"--they were just at a competition in baltimore and did a showcase routine. They had a handful of very decent tumblers, and threw a few elite baskets. but I would say it's half "real cheerleaders" and half dancers, because while they had that all going on, they also had a large portion of their girls dancing behind them.

Apparently we don't really count because Green Bay uses two teams from two area colleges or something like that. Or maybe it's because we actually wear clothes. Either way it bothers me, lots of people don't even know GB has cheerleaders.

ETA: But we most definitely are"real cheerleaders" we stunt and tumble way more that we dance...which is basically all motions. Nothing like any other pro cheer teams. Just throwing that part out there b/c you guys were talking about the Ravens being "half real" Lol :)

Back