All-Star Hard Stunts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 2, 2010
Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is trying to do so much hard stuff this year that they can barely hit it, and when they do hit they wobble all over and swing there arms to stay balanced and what not. It just seems like everyone has all these hard stunts to make them look impressive but in reality the sloppiness takes away from how good the stunt is. I've only came across a handful of teams that have hit there routine more than once without it looking horrible.

I agree so much. i was at a competition last week and out of the 7 teams in the division ONE team hit all of their stunts (congrats keas dynamite)

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is trying to do so much hard stuff this year that they can barely hit it, and when they do hit they wobble all over and swing there arms to stay balanced and what not. It just seems like everyone has all these hard stunts to make them look impressive but in reality the sloppiness takes away from how good the stunt is. I've only came across a handful of teams that have hit there routine more than once without it looking horrible.

It's still early in the season. If teams are out there just for practice now, then why not throw their hard skills. If they're goign for a Worlds bid it's probably not a good idea to do that, but those teams will probably (hopefully) be hitting this skills by the end of the season.

well i know that its early, but usually you progress as the season goes along. most teams dont usually start out full force and then downgrade on the road to worlds. but hey if theyre starting out this strong, worlds will be crazy!

Interesting point. But it seems to me that the difficulty needs to be there to be competitive. The top teams now have very difficult stunts and they hit them. It makes me wonder how much more difficult stunts CAN get with most gyms current practice schedules. Are the days of 2-3 times per week going to have to increase to continue pushing difficulty? Or will we start to see level 4 and 5 teams practicing more often in the coming years?

two words....stingrays orange

just enough difficulty with great execution...key to winning any competition

I'd much prefer seeing a clean sequence that you can add difficulty into throughout the season.
I know that I personally watch other teams at comps and really remember what they did. Then if they are on the lineup for the next one, I can say 'oh wow they were reallly clean' instead of 'yeah that was that team that dropped half their stunts..'

I think there's a balance, coaches just have to be realistic when they put together stunt sequences. It's not worth competing and looking a mess. Why not start small and build your team up? You can't just expect to hang with twist and shout in tumbling or spirit in jumps just because their kids did it. Kids have to learn the right techniques and consistency will follow.

i think that more teams are going for the harder stunts this year and they are wobbling because they want them for WORLDS but need to practice them so they still go for it at competition. but many teams are definately kicking it up a notch or two

totally agree with the stingrays orange comment, i think other teams in their division last year had more difficulty but their execution and perfection of the stunts gets them the gold year after year.

Interesting point. But it seems to me that the difficulty needs to be there to be competitive. The top teams now have very difficult stunts and they hit them. It makes me wonder how much more difficult stunts CAN get with most gyms current practice schedules. Are the days of 2-3 times per week going to have to increase to continue pushing difficulty? Or will we start to see level 4 and 5 teams practicing more often in the coming years?

my level 4 team has practiced EVERY day this past week for the competition on saturday (our first)..
mainly because we're trying to gain the stunt consistency in full out runs

Back