OT Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I went!!! OMG IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! =) But I'm so sad it's over! Jo needs to write another book!

Like a spin off. Definitely. or maybe get on that encyclopedia like she said. And i definitely agree, best movie by far.

I'll probably be the only on to say this but I HATED the movie. I thought it was absolutely terrible and ruined the book. There were SO many things they did wrong in the movie and it killed it for me. I think if I hadn't read the books and been so into them, and therefore was unable to realize the inaccuracies, it would actually be a good movie...but I just can't get past how off it was from the book and definitely think it could have and should have been done better.

We dressed up (I was Luna-since I'm a wacky blonde), brought our wands (yeah, I'm the cool/nerd mom like that, and my kids weren't embarrassed by me). We had done a movie marathon starting last Friday, watching a movie each night leading up to midnight. I cried so many times in the movie. I surprised myself when I cried at Molly Weasley saying "Not my daughter you b****" and at Snape's memory.
That said, I too was disappointed in what was left out of the movie(s).

I'll probably be the only on to say this but I HATED the movie. I thought it was absolutely terrible and ruined the book. There were SO many things they did wrong in the movie and it killed it for me. I think if I hadn't read the books and been so into them, and therefore was unable to realize the inaccuracies, it would actually be a good movie...but I just can't get past how off it was from the book and definitely think it could have and should have been done better.
my daughter didnt read 7 untyil she saw the movie for this exact purpose...:)

I will admit to sucking. I cried in the movie at the same parts I cried on in the books...

Dumbledore: "Lily? Still?"
Snape: "Always."

I went and saw it today, i really liked the movie, it was really sad though :(
my only complaint was it seemed rushed.

have you seen the size of the 7th book? or read it?

i agree, it was disappointing how much they left out, but can you blame them? they already had to split it into 2 parts... but i absolutely loved it. it was epic. and i am a die hard potter fan all the way, and i thought they did an exceptionally good job with what they had to work with. and unlike most people, i was very happy they included the 19 years later part.
and i did, blubber like a baby through the whole movie, just like i did with the book. the movie got a standing ovation when it was done.
my childhood is officially over. waaaaaaaaaah. :'(

As a die hard...I was impressed. Yes-they left stuff out. Yes, they made some changes. But they were for the better. You can only make a movie so long, and they had to do what they had to do. I went at midnight, and sobbed haha. I cried, laughed, was nervous, happy, anxious, scared- it was a rollercoaster. It was a tearjerker...the last horcrux of my childhood is now over. The end may have come, but the legacy will never fade fellow Potterheads!

I went at midnight and it was my first midnight viewing. I have to say I'm disappointed I didn't go in costume. I overall am kinda in the middle. I thought there were some really great parts but I thought the emotional character development lacked. I think Snape's death was done poorly. It was over so fast that I didn't have time to love him. It was more meaningful when in the books Snape tells Harry some of that stuff. Again with Remus and Tonks' deaths, it was over so fast you didn't have time to appreciate the sadness of the moment. You didn't get the full effect of the goodness of the Malfoys in the end. And the happy victorious moments were too rushed as well. Overall I think they just tried to push past the emotional stuff to the action. I like the 19 years later except that they left out the acknowledgement between Harry and Draco which is important to me. And Hermione looked exactly the same. I hated the Ravenclaw scene. She looked so CGI it was bad, I liked the old ghosts better. Overall 3 stars.

have you seen the size of the 7th book? or read it?
yeah i read all of the books haha. And im not upset at all with the movie, i enjoyed it.
But IMO it just seemed rushed. I get there was a lot of stuff, but this was the 2nd part to the film, and an extra fifteen minutes could have made a lot of difference for me. Some of the most important scenes felt rushed to me, the scene where (SPOILER ALERT)
ron's brother died for example, wasnt even a sad part of the movie because it was like walk in-see him dead-walk back out, where as in the book this was a MAJOR scene-at least from my perspective when i read it. Also at the end im with @INeverStopCheering the Draco scene was important for me as well-where it shows that they are friends years later-they completely left that out. It was a two second handshake-was it really necessary to cut that part?
Like i said im really happy with the movie-but it still seemed to be rushed

yeah i read all of the books haha. And im not upset at all with the movie, i enjoyed it.
But IMO it just seemed rushed. I get there was a lot of stuff, but this was the 2nd part to the film, and an extra fifteen minutes could have made a lot of difference for me. Some of the most important scenes felt rushed to me, the scene where (SPOILER ALERT)
ron's brother died for example, wasnt even a sad part of the movie because it was like walk in-see him dead-walk back out, where as in the book this was a MAJOR scene-at least from my perspective when i read it. Also at the end im with @INeverStopCheering the Draco scene was important for me as well-where it shows that they are friends years later-they completely left that out. It was a two second handshake-was it really necessary to cut that part?
Like i said im really happy with the movie-but it still seemed to be rushed

oh i agree with all of this completely. especially the fred scene :(
but i figured i'd check and see if you were simply a movie watcher or a book reader too ;)

Back