OT Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought overall it was pretty well done and I enjoyed it because of the emotion of the whole thing but there were some parts that I just didn't understand why they left out. I was really upset at how they did Fred's death and how Percy didn't come back. I also didn't like how they entirely left Teddy Lupin out of the epilogue. And maybe I'm just being too picky but I got kinda mad that Lilly's eyes were brown. Like what the heck?
I think it could have been done a little better but overall still good. I liked it.

I thought overall it was pretty well done and I enjoyed it because of the emotion of the whole thing but there were some parts that I just didn't understand why they left out. I was really upset at how they did Fred's death and how Percy didn't come back. I also didn't like how they entirely left Teddy Lupin out of the epilogue. And maybe I'm just being too picky but I got kinda mad that Lilly's eyes were brown. Like what the heck?
I think it could have been done a little better but overall still good. I liked it.
That drove me nuts! With all the special effects and everything you can't tell me they couldn't have changed the color or gotten her color contacts or something. That was a HUGE part of the books, always bringing up how harry had his mothers eyes and then they weren't even the same color. Other than that, I wasn't disappointed in what they chose to include, but what they did include was not all done the same way it was in the book (changing extremely important things). The only things I think should have been included that were not would be the part where harry points to his scar at the end of the book after his son Albus asks why everyone is staring. I think that would have been a perfect way to end and only would have taken thirty seconds. Also, the scene in the headmasters office where Harry goes back and talks to Dumbledores portrait and fixes his wand. As much as I wish the part where fred, remus and tonks died could have been longer I think it was sufficient if they were worried about going over time.

I also didn't like how they entirely left Teddy Lupin out of the epilogue.

I think they pretty much left Teddy out of the movies completely! They never announced that Tonks was pregnant. They started to in the beginning of Part 1, when they are about to all take the Polyjuice to turn into the 6 extra Harrys, but they didn't tell then. I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned again. Remus never came to Shell Cottage to announce "it's a boy!" and ask Harry to be Godfather. The only mention was in Part 2 there was one line where someone (I think Hermoine) said "their son" or something like that.
I feel like the parts they left out of the movie were the really detailed parts that really led to a deeper understanding of the story. If you only watched the movies you would have a good idea of what happened, but you'd have to read the books to fully understand (all the connections, so much nuance, so much detail into thoughts and feelings).

I really liked the movie, until (SPOILER ALERT) Hagrid carried out Harry from the Forest after he was "killed". That whole part, until the epilogue, I thought was horrible. Nothing like how the book ended. I loved in the book that Hagrid is so emotional and puts him down on the ground thinking he's really dead. Harry whips out the invisibility cloak and everyone is like WHERE"S HARRY!?? and Neville kills Nagini then. I hated the whole random fight scene with Harry and Voldemort flying through the air, it was so stupid.

They left out the whole part about the talking Headmaster portraits and Phineas Nigellus being in Hermoine's bag.

YES! To everyone who said something about Remus' son. All of a sudden Remus is dead and Harry is talking about his son. Where the heck did that come from? I have to admit I read the last book the day after it came out and haven't touched it since. So I didn't really remember some of the details. But hearing you guys say them now, I remember all this important stuff, threads in the story, that just were not there. And some things I never noticed like not have the portrait in Hermione's bag. So now hearing that there was even more left out makes me more sad.

I also felt like there wasn't enough closure with Dumbledore. They never showed when Harry cleared up all of his Dumbledore confusion then all of a sudden his kid is named after him. I would have been really confused if I hadn't read the book.

I also felt like there wasn't enough closure with Dumbledore. They never showed when Harry cleared up all of his Dumbledore confusion then all of a sudden his kid is named after him. I would have been really confused if I hadn't read the book.

I feel like the movie really downplayed the Dumbledore confusion though. They didn't go as deep into it as the book did.

Pretty irritated at the no Dumbledore back-story, no explanation of Arianna, glossing over the deaths, Hagrid (or the lack of Hagrid-ity in general,) but when I look at the movies, and the overall story, I feel like they addressed what really mattered. Percy coming back showed the ultimate solidarity of the Weasley clan, but it didn't really affect "Harry's" story. And, let's be honest, the movies are Harry's story.
For those that have yet to read the books, hopefully, by us saying that there's so much more in the books, they may want to seek out those other bits for themselves.
Now, I have to say that I only ever cried at HBP (the book) when Dumbledore dies. Never at the movies. I cried at this. And not at parts that I thought I would. Obviously, Snape's memory - he played the heck outta that part. Whoa. But I was really moved when Harry gets ready to confront Voldy, and he's surrounded by the people he loves that have passed. They did an amazing job of cinematizing the concept of confronting death calmly. It showed what Rowling believes, death is a journey and the people we've loved and lost will be right there to greet us, comfort us and finish our journey with us. Yup. That turned on the waterworks. My cp wasn't affected the same way by that part, but she's never lost anyone close to her and I think that made a big difference.
One theme that I'm very glad is so strong in these movies - directed by males, adapted by males - the concept of Mother's Love. And Molly Weasley kicked booty!! I might just have to change my avatar for her :)

Pretty irritated at the no Dumbledore back-story, no explanation of Arianna, glossing over the deaths, Hagrid (or the lack of Hagrid-ity in general,) but when I look at the movies, and the overall story, I feel like they addressed what really mattered. Percy coming back showed the ultimate solidarity of the Weasley clan, but it didn't really affect "Harry's" story. And, let's be honest, the movies are Harry's story.
For those that have yet to read the books, hopefully, by us saying that there's so much more in the books, they may want to seek out those other bits for themselves.
Now, I have to say that I only ever cried at HBP (the book) when Dumbledore dies. Never at the movies. I cried at this. And not at parts that I thought I would. Obviously, Snape's memory - he played the heck outta that part. Whoa. But I was really moved when Harry gets ready to confront Voldy, and he's surrounded by the people he loves that have passed. They did an amazing job of cinematizing the concept of confronting death calmly. It showed what Rowling believes, death is a journey and the people we've loved and lost will be right there to greet us, comfort us and finish our journey with us. Yup. That turned on the waterworks. My cp wasn't affected the same way by that part, but she's never lost anyone close to her and I think that made a big difference.
One theme that I'm very glad is so strong in these movies - directed by males, adapted by males - the concept of Mother's Love. And Molly Weasley kicked booty!! I might just have to change my avatar for her :)
taking jenee tomorrow.....so excited...she waited to read deathly hallows till after the movie so she wouldnt know what will happen...then she will read it...how cool is it that we are both Potter heads!!!!

I feel like the movie really downplayed the Dumbledore confusion though. They didn't go as deep into it as the book did.
Part one did. A big part of it was about the Dumbledore confusion then they just kinda dropped it in part 2.

Something that reallllly bothered me, was Voldemort not waiting the full hour before beginning the attack on Hogwarts--someone even said, but the hour isn't up and he said something along the lines of oh well. Yes, it took a while for their spells to actually break through the protective enchantments, but still.

In the book he waited, and I think that showed how truly important Hogwarts was to him. It really bothered me that the movie didn't portray that because it was noted so many times in the books how Hogwarts was his home, and how he really cared about it, the teachers and the learning of magic.

Also, I hated how Harry just kinda jumped out of Hagrid's arms, and him and Voldemort just went on this huge random physical fight....plus, Neville was supposed to kill the snake before it was realized that Harry was alive, and Neville alone--I really thought for a second they would have Ron, Hermonie or Harry kill it, and I got SUPER angry until they failed and Neville had his moment.

Something that reallllly bothered me, was Voldemort not waiting the full hour before beginning the attack on Hogwarts--someone even said, but the hour isn't up and he said something along the lines of oh well. Yes, it took a while for their spells to actually break through the protective enchantments, but still.

In the book he waited, and I think that showed how truly important Hogwarts was to him. It really bothered me that the movie didn't portray that because it was noted so many times in the books how Hogwarts was his home, and how he really cared about it, the teachers and the learning of magic.

Also, I hated how Harry just kinda jumped out of Hagrid's arms, and him and Voldemort just went on this huge random physical fight....plus, Neville was supposed to kill the snake before it was realized that Harry was alive, and Neville alone--I really thought for a second they would have Ron, Hermonie or Harry kill it, and I got SUPER angry until they failed and Neville had his moment.

It felt like they rushed through a lot of important stuff and then made the end WAAAAYYY longer than it was supposed to be.

Back