Have You Ever Quit Your Team For Another?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have in a way. I wasnt enjoying my move up from juniors to seniors (years ago lol) so I told the coach I no longer wanted to cheer. After a year of still tumblng and competing with high school I tryed out for another program where I ended up being happy and stayed for 6 years until I aged off of seniors and then some. I think as long as you are honest with everyone involved and dont do anything sneakily its understood.

I'm happy to hear you ended up happy :)
Could you possibly help me? I'm changing squads for the new season here in Australia (February next year) because me ex-best friend is taking over as head coach and it's going to cost me a lot of money. But, it's not the type of money I'm willing to spend on someone who has no experience coaching a seniors team.
I don't know how to tell her :/

I did! I just tried out for the other team without telling my coach and made it so I was gonna do both (one was a midseason team) and my coach found out and told me I had to choose so I quit. It was like a week before cheersport and everybody was mad but oh well! As for you I would just say I'm switching to a gym that's more in my budget and leave it at that! Goodluck:)

I'm happy to hear you ended up happy :)
Could you possibly help me? I'm changing squads for the new season here in Australia (February next year) because me ex-best friend is taking over as head coach and it's going to cost me a lot of money. But, it's not the type of money I'm willing to spend on someone who has no experience coaching a seniors team.
I don't know how to tell her :/
As it's off-season in Australia, look around and see if you can attend summer training with some of the other programmes you might be interested in joining. Or go to some open stunt/tumble sessions and get to know athletes from different gyms and teams. Which city are you in?

As it's off-season in Australia, look around and see if you can attend summer training with some of the other programmes you might be interested in joining. Or go to some open stunt/tumble sessions and get to know athletes from different gyms and teams. Which city are you in?
I am from Sydney :)

I cheered for cheer extreme for 7 years. There began to be a lot of complaints from many people about lower levels getting neglected, etc, and my parents had put up with it for too long, so they made me switch gyms. Ive cheered with my new gym for 2 years and I love it. I hated the move, but if moving is what you have to do, do it. It was for the better.
*my first season with my new gym, 4 out of 5 year round teams were undefeated.

you cheered for cheer extreme!? oh my gosh, you are lucky to have cheered with them when you did.
but i'm glad you moved to another squad that you love too

One of my friends is in this situation with her cp. they left our gym at the end of last season to go to a new, sucessful, big name gym and its not working out. her cp (who is a great kid and i just adore) has had problem after problem and its really affecting her self esteem. but, its really gotten worst in the last month or two. now its out of control and my friend doesn't know what to do. she even told me she cries all the way home from a lot of practices (the mom- not the kid!) really quietly so her cp won't know.

:help: what do you do? i wish i had advice for her

wait i'm a bit confused...who or what is cp? (sorry i'm new to all this cheer lingo :p)
and why is the mom crying ?

i'd like to try and help, but im confused haha :)

ahh i see. i think that if the new gym is causing your friend and her cp more negativity than it is positivity, i'd say it's time to move. if being at this new gym causes a lot of trouble, i'd suggest your friend quits and either goes back to the first gym, or moving to a completely new one

I did! I just tried out for the other team without telling my coach and made it so I was gonna do both (one was a midseason team) and my coach found out and told me I had to choose so I quit. It was like a week before cheersport and everybody was mad but oh well! As for you I would just say I'm switching to a gym that's more in my budget and leave it at that! Goodluck:)
i'm sorry, i completely missed your post!
and i think i may do just that!

Yes after our season ended I tried out at the same gym it was 30 minutes from my house I have been cheering their for 3 years and learned all my skills there. I got the tryout results and was not happy because the team was going to be a level 3 or 4 depending on how many skills people got in the summer so I tried out at ultimate athletics a bigger gym on 10 minutes from my house. When I tried out there I made a level 4 and was happy so I went to go tell the owner that I wasn't going to be cheering their and she was ok and told me I was welcome back anytime but everyone else at the gym hated me. I felt bad and I didn't want them to hate me because i thought they were my friends and then they started texting me that they hated me and I didn't want that so I went back to my old gym for 1 practice and hated it I went back to UA and I'm so happy I did because I'm on an awesome team and we have been off to an amazing start go UA kings and queens but if you do switch remember its what's good for you and give it some time I'm glad I did because last competition I saw my old team and they had to be a 4.2 and I wouldnt like that at all hope this helps

Back