All-Star Having To Sign Waivers Equals No Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 7, 2010
so i saw this posted on facebook today
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/12/23/19163766.html

so i know this is a high school team they are talking about and if this has to be moved deleted whatever so be it i have just never seen something like this before basically the jist of this is there is a high school team defending national champions and the school will not let them compete unless the company cheer evolution gets rid of waivers for the team that require parental consent or signing or something

"It's very frustrating. I played football through high school, it was a lot more dangerous than cheerleading," said parent Dan Dale," lolololololol sorry, i laughed.

i feel like whether or not you want to sign a waiver is the cheerleaders and the parents decision, not the school boards.

This is the Allstar forum.
thanks tips i realize that thats why i said if this is moved or deleted i just wanted to know if anybody here has heard about this cause more people come on here, heck i didnt know about the one for high school until like 2 months ago

"It's very frustrating. I played football through high school, it was a lot more dangerous than cheerleading," said parent Dan Dale," lolololololol sorry, i laughed.

i feel like whether or not you want to sign a waiver is the cheerleaders and the parents decision, not the school boards.
and yeah i laughed a little to lol

Hey, if somebody finds that petition (so they can compete), post it here. We could make it go from 67 signatures to 670 in a day, max.

Does the school district not have parents sign liability waivers for their children saying they can't sue the school either at the begining of the season? If not, then wouldn't the school be fully responsible for all injuries and parents would sue? It seems pretty standard to have liability waivers to cover the school's backside, so why is it not ok for comeptitions to have them as well? This school board seems ridiculous......what competitions in any sport don't have you sign a liability waiver?!

Does the school district not have parents sign liability waivers for their children saying they can't sue the school either at the begining of the season? If not, then wouldn't the school be fully responsible for all injuries and parents would sue? It seems pretty standard to have liability waivers to cover the school's backside, so why is it not ok for comeptitions to have them as well? This school board seems ridiculous......what competitions in any sport don't have you sign a liability waiver?!
Every sport I've ever played, you need all sorts of paperwork INCLUDING a waiver (also a health form)..

why all of a sudden is it just the cheerleading team? in order to be an athlete at my high school you have to have insurance. If you don't then you can't participate. I feel that that would fall under this category...

For all that are pushing for cheer to be recognized as an official sport, keep this in mind.

Just trying to understand this..
Cheer Evolution has this waiver in place basically to avoid liability in case of injury, correct?
If so, why is this such an issue with the school? I really don't understand it...

Back