All-Star Headache During Tumbling?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey guys! So, as time went on, I ended up getting sick, and they thought it was a Sinus Infection. I went to the doctors today and found out I have TMJ, which the doctor said is something normal he's seen in gymnasts and tumblers, and that I also have allergies.

One of my best friends is a level 7 gymnast and also got diagnosed with TMJ and experienced headaches. The jaw area and head/neck area are all connected so it makes sense that with tumbling and gymnastics, one would affect the other. Anyway, she started seeing a chiropractor and is 100% better. She still goes for adjustments about once every 10 days, and sometimes more during competition season. No more headaches or pain. I would recommend you find a chiropractor with experience in TMJ and that treats athletes. You should see significant improvement. Hope you feel better soon.

One of my best friends is a level 7 gymnast and also got diagnosed with TMJ and experienced headaches. The jaw area and head/neck area are all connected so it makes sense that with tumbling and gymnastics, one would affect the other. Anyway, she started seeing a chiropractor and is 100% better. She still goes for adjustments about once every 10 days, and sometimes more during competition season. No more headaches or pain. I would recommend you find a chiropractor with experience in TMJ and that treats athletes. You should see significant improvement. Hope you feel better soon.
thank you so much!

Back