All-Star Help A Uk (united Kingdom) Cheer On Top Gun Large Coed 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am truly astounded by some of the comments on here following a basic simple post from a cheerleading coach.
Assumptions that have been made are unbelieveable...who said he hasn't been fundraising? who says he hasn't been working or that his family aren't helping, who says that he hasn't been saving for months?
People can be so judgmental.

As a ex British cheerleader back in the late 80s and now gym owner/coach in France, fundraising for cheerleading is a real nightmare compared with what you can do in the States and Canada. Often what you consider viable projects, laws refrain us from doing.

I understand some of the reticence people may have giving to a stranger in a different country... but you don't have to give if you don't want to.

Good luck Mason. I hope you manage to reach your goal....oh and by the way check the figures in the original post, it's neither euros or US dollars it's in POUNDS STERLING

Fundraising is a nightmare anywhere though.

In the United States cheerleading is being noticed yet it's still hardly considered a major sport.

I get what you're saying totally. I usually never change my opinions. But cheerleading and money just does not go hand and hand :\

Although i don't think fundraising is impossible in Europe. It depends on the situation, it is a lot easier to go and talk to businesses whenever your going to Worlds for example,or Europeans. A prestigious event usually attracts people a lot more and makes them sponsor athletes. We got a lot of support from local businesses whenever telling them we were going to the World Championship for the first time ever to represent our country with the National Team. I gotta say though, we did not rely on sponsoring, all of us did work to earn the money necessary to go , we just got lucky by getting a lot of unexpected support.
In this particular case i think for him it might be a little more difficult because approaching businesses with the background of ''just'' going to cheer in the US for a year does not necessarily make people want to donate. I would still try to approach every possible shop or company there is. Offer to maybe do some appearance at a company event (maybe you could get a stuntgroup from your team together to help you out)

he did make the team though already. So he has no choice now money or not. He is on large co ed so he has a lot of fundraising to do.

No... He can always turn the offer down. And there's about 45? People on the team right now, they're cutting people at the end of summer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
if he's not even there yet, then why would they keep him past the summer and cut someone whos been there the entire time. that doesnt seem fair...

There was another gofundme posted today by Orby for a boy from New Zealand. 5 grand is wha they're looking to raise for him to come and cheer on smoed lol

There was another gofundme posted today by Orby for a boy from New Zealand. 5 grand is wha they're looking to raise for him to come and cheer on smoed lol

I love love love orby. But that seems so unfair for other athletes who'd like to be on smoed.

if he's not even there yet, then why would they keep him past the summer and cut someone whos been there the entire time. that doesnt seem fair...
The idea with most worlds teams is to keep the best athletes of the group so why wouldn't they take him if he arrives in July and practices with them for the month? If he is good he is good

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Back