Help For Back Flexibility?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 13, 2015
I am new to cheer and am trying out for my high school cheer in the fall. There is no tumbling required, but I would like to get at least a BWO before tryouts. However, I can't even do a backbend yet. Whenever I try, my back starts hurting. What stretches can I do to be able to do a backbend and more? Thank you!

Push up into a bridge and try to bring your feet together and making your legs straight. White straightening your legs your should feel you weight really shift into your shoulders. Also while in a bridge try to walk your hands and feet together to get them as close as possible. You can also do a wall split in a doorway and try and walk your hands up the door frame.

Hope this helps! :)

Push up into a bridge and try to bring your feet together and making your legs straight. White straightening your legs your should feel you weight really shift into your shoulders. Also while in a bridge try to walk your hands and feet together to get them as close as possible. You can also do a wall split in a doorway and try and walk your hands up the door frame.

Hope this helps! :)
I am new to cheer and am trying out for my high school cheer in the fall. There is no tumbling required, but I would like to get at least a BWO before tryouts. However, I can't even do a backbend yet. Whenever I try, my back starts hurting. What stretches can I do to be able to do a backbend and more? Thank you!
Go on YouTube and look up Erica Lin...she has some pretty amazing stretches. Good luck!

Been wondering if allstar cheer do have a physical therapists for all this stuff .
Hopefully I will be one!! I graduate next year (yikes!), though I'd imagine it would take me a couple years of getting started before I solely work in cheer.

ETA: Though I do know that CheerSport in Canada has an on-site PT! There might be other ones though, too.

Hopefully I will be one!! I graduate next year (yikes!), though I'd imagine it would take me a couple years of getting started before I solely work in cheer.

ETA: Though I do know that CheerSport in Canada has an on-site PT! There might be other ones though, too.
You're a PT? Im a PT too. but licensed only here in our country. I graduated last year and planning to take your state boards in US.

You're a PT? Im a PT too. but licensed only here in our country. I graduated last year and planning to take your state boards in US.
Almost done with my second year of school, I will be a PT in a year.

Thank you all everyone for your replies! Tried some of these and I feel my back getting stronger and more flexible.

Walk your hand down the wall then hold it for 30 second then walk back up then keep repeating and it will help with you getting your backbend

Latest posts

Back