OT Help! Myths Of Hs Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 26, 2010
Hey All!
This year, I'm on staff for the yearbook and i'm in charge of the cheer page! The other cheerleaders and I wanted to do a spread that included an article on "5 myths of cheerleading". Does anyone have any ideas? We want them to be sort of humerous, and a have a myth with a 1 or 2 sentence description afterwards. Thank you so much in advance for any ideas contributed! :)

ps- keep in mind this is for HS not allstar cheer

Why 5? What did you have in mind? Surely y'all had something in mind.

1. Cheerleaders are dumb:
Actually our cheerleaders all maintain a ____ average and have a combined GPA of _____ (this will take some math) Plus, let's see you remember all those cheers

2. Cheerleaders are just dancers with poms
Actually our cheerleaders train ______ hours a week to practice stunts and tumbling (photographed here)

3. Cheerleaders are always happy/peppy
Fins a photo of someone looking really tired/angry/pissed/. Don't try to pose it or it will look fake
Caption: Everybody has a bad day sometimes...

4.Cheerleaders are mean:
Blah blah we do community service, school spirit.....

1. Cheerleaders are dumb:
Actually our cheerleaders all maintain a ____ average and have a combined GPA of _____ (this will take some math) Plus, let's see you remember all those cheers

2. Cheerleaders are just dancers with poms
Actually our cheerleaders train ______ hours a week to practice stunts and tumbling (photographed here)

3. Cheerleaders are always happy/peppy
Fins a photo of someone looking really tired/angry/pissed/. Don't try to pose it or it will look fake
Caption: Everybody has a bad day sometimes...

4.Cheerleaders are mean:
Blah blah we do community service, school spirit.....
for number 3 you could totally take pictures of the cheerleaders when a game isn't working out in your teams favor... that would be a good way to capture real emotion

Back