High School Help Us Get To Nationals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2011
Hi we are a varsity cheerleading team from Springfield, Pennsylvania and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of convincing our school and atheletic director to go to UCA Nationals! All of the teams in our central league go, even the ones that didn't place this year. We placed 4th in our central league competetion, and before that had placed 1st at 4 competetions and 2nd at one. I would love to hear peoples fundraising ideas and any ways on how to get to nationals!

For fundraising some of the things we do are:
-father/daughter dance for kids in the surrounding elementary schools
-kiddie clinic
-car washes
-wreath sales
-Clinic for the youth team the varsity team coaches
-Hosting a competition (I think we made around $700 per girl this year)
In the past we've also sold calendars. Other sports teams in our school sell tshirts, lots of people buy them.

My team does, car washes, asking for money outside of publix or some popular shopping store, sell shirts, get sponsored from a business..
Hope this helps, good luck!

Before you go to the AD again, make sure you have a list of fundraisers and reasons why this trip would benefit the team and the school. As far as fundraisers, you can try:
1) Clinics (cheer/dance/tumble)
2) Lock-Ins (do this at your high school gym if you can and must have chaperones)
3) Dance-a-Thon (get sponsors to donate to how long you'd dance and have this at your school)
4) Go to your local restaurants. They usually do a fundraiser activity.

Good luck!!!!

We do bake sales, car washes, and we also host a competition at our school- we each go to local businesses to sell ads for an ad journal to give out at the day of the competition

hey I run a fundraiser for my VCU cheer team through my health and wellness business. We are athelets and who else better to promote good health and sports products than us.. I give the teams my 30% commission from what they sell(1 cansiter of spark (mental focus energy drink with 21 vitamins) and 1 canister of rehydrate ( electrolyte drink also with 21 vitamins) approx 100$ you will get 30$) if you can get 10 people each person thats 300$ each... its just as easy as doing those cookie fundraisers but this actually products that are good for your body and mostly anyone at any age.. you never know your school may get on board to help you guys fundraise this way as well..if you want more information just email me at [email protected]

hey I run a fundraiser for my VCU cheer team through my health and wellness business. We are athelets and who else better to promote good health and sports products than us.. I give the teams my 30% commission from what they sell(1 cansiter of spark (mental focus energy drink with 21 vitamins) and 1 canister of rehydrate ( electrolyte drink also with 21 vitamins) approx 100$ you will get 30$) if you can get 10 people each person thats 300$ each... its just as easy as doing those cookie fundraisers but this actually products that are good for your body and mostly anyone at any age.. you never know your school may get on board to help you guys fundraise this way as well..if you want more information just email me at [email protected]
thank you! i will definatly talk to my coach but that sounds like a great idea

Back