College Help With Slippery Wrists?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 22, 2009
Hey I'm on an IOC5 team and lately while doing one man stunts, my hands are slipping off of my base's wrists. We have tried tape, and the tape ends up slipping up his arm because of sweat. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can use to help my grip? I would love you all Soooo much if you could help!

I suggest arm bands such as the nike ones that will take in the sweat and stay put!! Also it helps if youbuse prewrap with the tape!

the guy i stunt with uses some bandannas that he cut and made them into arm bands and they match our school colors they work really well

Strapping tape that really sticks to his arm hair ;) and then sweat bands. A small towel tucked into the back of his shorts is good for periodic wipe downs - it's good for me too because my palms get sweaty (eurgh gross) and I generally have nothing to wipe them off on. Some of our guys use mag - the chalk gymnasts use - but it's problematic for comp cos our uniforms are predominantly black.

Strapping tape that really sticks to his arm hair ;) and then sweat bands. A small towel tucked into the back of his shorts is good for periodic wipe downs - it's good for me too because my palms get sweaty (eurgh gross) and I generally have nothing to wipe them off on. Some of our guys use mag - the chalk gymnasts use - but it's problematic for comp cos our uniforms are predominantly black.

wipe them on the bottom of your shoes or on the mat it picks up dirt so your hands aren't sweaty :)

a guy in our gym uses bandanas to and he loves them and so does the girls cause he is a sweaty boy. :(

Hey I'm on an IOC5 team and lately while doing one man stunts, my hands are slipping off of my base's wrists. We have tried tape, and the tape ends up slipping up his arm because of sweat. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can use to help my grip? I would love you all Soooo much if you could help!

Climbers or gymnastics chalk

OH thank you all so much for the suggestions!
I tryed the liquid chalk, and it is absolutly AMAZING!!
Im so excited to be using it. I dont have to worry about slipping off of my bases arms anymore!
Thank you !!!!! :)

Back