Help With ....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 17, 2011
Hey y'all!!! :)
So, last night I worked Full BT's for the first time EVER. I got really confused so I didn't make it all around... any tips?? PM me or comment on here! Thanks guys :)

Can I personally do them? no

Ok. Because the way I was taught is that an Arabian Half out is the same as a back full twist. It can still be done traditionally though. You just have to remember to pull down in one direction, while looking over that shoulder.

Ok. Because the way I was taught is that an Arabian Half out is the same as a back full twist. It can still be done traditionally though. You just have to remember to pull down in one direction, while looking over that shoulder.
That actually isn't what I'm working. It's like, a full down, only from a straight ride basket toss

Ok, Ok. Full down's are actulally fairly simple. I see now BT(Basket toss). just don't try to yank it around. That will cause overrotation. A full isn't a lot of twist, and provided that you pull your arms down and turn your head, the twist should pretty much complete itself.

Ok, Ok. Full down's are actulally fairly simple. I see now BT(Basket toss). just don't try to yank it around. That will cause overrotation. A full isn't a lot of twist, and provided that you pull your arms down and turn your head, the twist should pretty much complete itself.
Thank you sooo much! When I first tried it I got really confused.. I have a really good full down, but mixing a BT with a full gets really confusing lol! thanks again :)

stand up & ride the basket to the top with your right arm up by your ear & left arm down by your side. at the "peak" before you come down turn your head to the left & drop your right arm that's up across your body to your left arm. stay tight & i guarantee you'll make it around. i'm a base & i can do it :)

ETA: one reason you might not have made it around is that as you were turning you may have looked down vs. to the side. if you look down towards your backspot you're slowing down/stopping your rotation!

stand up & ride the basket to the top with your right arm up by your ear & left arm down by your side. at the "peak" before you come down turn your head to the left & drop your right arm that's up across your body to your left arm. stay tight & i guarantee you'll make it around. i'm a base & i can do it :)

ETA: one reason you might not have made it around is that as you were turning you may have looked down vs. to the side. if you look down towards your backspot you're slowing down/stopping your rotation!
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :D

And looking down was exactly what i did!!! lol

Back