All-Star Here's The Real Problem....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think she was being called a monster but the situation as a whole is the monster. All the 2by2 videos, which I personally feel should be left off the internet and made just for the family paying for them, the facebook groups, and obsessed fans are not helping the girl live a normal life that she should be living. Treat her like a normal KID not a celebrity. I actually feel sorry for her when she can't walk around a competition without being hounded by random people.
It actually reminds me of an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras I watched the other day with MacKenzie and she was in tears because little girls were following her around pagents wanting to be her friend. The adults around here did nothing while the little girl was being surrounded by little girls asking for hugs and pictures. These kids should never have that much attention put on them to the point where they can't live a normal life doing what they love to do.
It isn't just the haters that need to back off it is the obsessed fans that need to back off as well so that this girl can be just a girl who loved to cheer.
I do agree, the fans and the haters are way too much. Old Soc up in that last post believes its because of folks like me. I don't think so, though I do think she's talented, thats about it.

But, I wonder how she's not a normal kid. These fans don't extend outside of cheer, do they? They're not hanging at her school and paparazzi isn't sitting outside of her home. She's been a "cheerlebrity" for a while now, I'm sure she's used to the many obsessed fans at competition. It's the haters that bother me because they do it for no apparent reason except to tear her down. True, that does go with the territory, but its just odd to me.

PS - I saw that episode of Toddlers & Tiaras!

We can make an absolutely no Maddie policy. Which means any posts discussing her will be deleted and threads locked. Positive and negative (because the positive will eventually lead to negative anyway).

But short of that there's not much to do.
I wasn't suggesting that you do...just offering a different perspective to the posting

I do agree, the fans and the haters are way too much. Old Soc up in that last post believes its because of folks like me. I don't think so, though I do think she's talented, thats about it.

But, I wonder how she's not a normal kid. These fans don't extend outside of cheer, do they? They're not hanging at her school and paparazzi isn't sitting outside of her home. She's been a "cheerlebrity" for a while now, I'm sure she's used to the many obsessed fans at competition. It's the haters that bother me because they do it for no apparent reason except to tear her down. True, that does go with the territory, but its just odd to me.

PS - I saw that episode of Toddlers & Tiaras!

Not sure about outside of cheer but I am meaning being normal even within cheer. She can't walk around a competition without people going crazy. I can imagine she would like to just be able to walk around the arena and have fun with her actual friends. The whole signing autographs and taking a ton of pictures is not normal.
She may be used to it all by not but it doesn't make it right or normal. She could be use to it because it has been going on for so long but can you imagine how refreshing it would be if all that didn't take place everytime she showed up to a competition.

Not sure about outside of cheer but I am meaning being normal even within cheer. She can't walk around a competition without people going crazy. I can imagine she would like to just be able to walk around the arena and have fun with her actual friends. The whole signing autographs and taking a ton of pictures is not normal.
She may be used to it all by not but it doesn't make it right or normal. She could be use to it because it has been going on for so long but can you imagine how refreshing it would be if all that didn't take place everytime she showed up to a competition.
She may be disappointed, who knows. From what I've heard about the girl, she's stable, smart, bakes cakes and has a bright future. If by chance, she becomes famous in her adult life, she'll have the mental capacity to handle it. Unlike plenty of adult's who fell into fame accidentally and have become quite a mess. She'll be fine and all this "cheerlebrity" status will be in the past soon enough.

Are we being facetious or talking to my freedom of speech side?

I'm being serious. I don't mind any post that discuss the routine in a critical way even naming specific athletes. That's the way it is.

What I don't like (and it's actually pretty rare on the boards, but very common on Twitter) are the "hahahaha" or "suckstosuck" or "fell again", etc. comments.

I'm being serious. I don't mind any post that discuss the routine in a critical way even naming specific athletes. That's the way it is.

What I don't like (and it's actually pretty rare on the boards, but very common on Twitter) are the "hahahaha" or "suckstosuck" or "fell again", etc. comments.

I personally agree with you. Which is why I think Maddies letter will have little affect. The board will continue on being as it is (overall not as bad as the perception) and the twitter peeps will pour some gas on the fire.

Even this morning there is more fodder clogging up the interwebs on tweeters

I personally agree with you. Which is why I think Maddies letter will have little affect. The board will continue on being as it is (overall not as bad as the perception) and the twitter peeps will pour some gas on the fire.

Even this morning there is more fodder clogging up the interwebs on tweeters

Agreed. But on Twitter, I'll continue to try and coax some of the youngsters to the light and, for the hardcore offenders, I'll continue to make their coaches aware of their stupidity.

She may be disappointed, who knows. From what I've heard about the girl, she's stable, smart, bakes cakes and has a bright future. If by chance, she becomes famous in her adult life, she'll have the mental capacity to handle it. Unlike plenty of adult's who fell into fame accidentally and have become quite a mess. She'll be fine and all this "cheerlebrity" status will be in the past soon enough.

Yes it will be in the past for her soon enough but then they will move onto someone else. I am glad that she handles it as well as she does, but not everyone does therefore when they move onto the next person it may not go as smoothly. I think this goes deeper then it just being about Maddie and really about the entire cheerlebrity crazy as a whole. People are taking things too far.

Yes it will be in the past for her soon enough but then they will move onto someone else. I am glad that she handles it as well as she does, but not everyone does therefore when they move onto the next person it may not go as smoothly. I think this goes deeper then it just being about Maddie and really about the entire cheerlebrity crazy as a whole. People are taking things too far.
And with that, I totally agree. If the obsessed grab on to an young athlete, who's parents, coaches, and so called "sponsors" aren't looking out for their best interest, it may not end up well. Unfortunately, this thread was started about one girl specifically and the people who "created" her, assuming her best interests were being disregarded by everyone closely involved with her.

So basically you can create real or fake accounts on fierce twitter and Facebook. So how are they different?

Like I said before on Facebook and Twitter if you create a fake account only those that decide to follow that fake account see the hate, here (or any forum) everyone sees it. It's not a Fierce Board problem it's a I am anonymous and can stir the pot on a forum problem.

I read the first few posts but can't really read anymore. Come on... let's be real on this... the reason Maddie is so popular is because she is an awesome young lady, both inside and out. One of the first posts talks about her having a personal assistant and set schedule to sign autographs. I can totally understand this. I am sure at every competition she is overwhelmed with people who want to take pictures with her and get autographs, and it appears she handles the fame amazingly well. Why not have a personal assistant and scheduled times for the "fans". Then scheduled time for her to be left alone so she can focus on getting mentally prepared to compete. It's not like she can sit in the bleachers by herself without people constantly coming up to her. In fact, I am sure there are times she wants to be just left alone. She is a teenager folks. I am also sure all this pressure to be perfect affects her mental focus and I am sure she is 100 times more critical of herself than her anti-fans. She did not ask to be famous, she is no different than any other cheerleader on this board who just dreamed of going to worlds and winning. The "people" put her in a position of being a cheerlebrity.

As I watched the Majors yesterday as the girls came out and their first and last name was stated, I thought to myself, I wish they would not give the girls last names. I think as minors, the gyms should not release the girls last names. I know several girls on Brandon's teams, one of them is in middle school, and her first and last name has been posted on this board several times. Why? She is 12 years old! She deserves privacy and protection. She is awesome and I am sure she is a future cheerlebrity. But for privacy of our children, we should stop posting their last names.

As I watched the Majors yesterday as the girls came out and their first and last name was stated, I thought to myself, I wish they would not give the girls last names. I think as minors, the gyms should not release the girls last names. I know several girls on Brandon's teams, one of them is in middle school, and her first and last name has been posted on this board several times. Why? She is 12 years old! She deserves privacy and protection. She is awesome and I am sure she is a future cheerlebrity. But for privacy of our children, we should stop posting their last names.

I agree with that completely, but now it's so easy to just figure it out anyways. Google can tell you anything these days.

This doesn't have to do with your post, but as for Maddie, we have to realize she's practically an adult now! Yeah, I think she's sort of been pushed into being a "cheerlebrity" but hey, she could've asked her coaches to stop pushing it (if they did), not do signings or meet & greets, and not be so affiliated with IC (I think someone said she's the spokes-girl? I'm not entirely sure). Maddie seems like a bright girl and she's probably been able to make adult decisions for a long time now. Her and her family could have predicted where this was going, but I don't think she wants to let her fans down. All respect for her, her skills, and who she's become as a person (as far as I see in interviews), but if she didn't want this fame/hate I think it could've been avoided or slowed down at some point.

And I hope no one thinks I am bashing her in any way, I'm envious of her skills and look up to her like anyone else; she'll do great in college!

I think that whole ship has sailed. Minors names are released ALL the time in athletics, academics, etc.

Yes, minors names are released all the time, but it is mostly local recognition with a high school sport. I am just saying a gym could request that only the first names be released in the announcement. I totally understand that people are going to be people and talk about people they know. It doesn'tn mean the gym has to publish the names. I guess I am also concerned about psychos targeting our daughters. Before coming to the fierce board, I never knew Maddie Gardner's name or any other cheerleaders name on teams outside of Tampa Bay. If we started here, that would be a start in the right direction.

Refrence the other post above: I have a son who will be 20 this summer. I think his "adult" decision making skills are still questionable due to lack of life experience. Age doesn't really mean you are 100% aware of the impact of your decisions.

Back