Hi! New Here And Introducing Myself.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DH does that, but I don't. If I were going to call any store down here, "Safeway", it would be Albertson's. Albertson's is much more Safeway like, with the Starbucks and Wells Fargo inside.

Any other questions or stipulations? Is there an application, background check, FBI clearance required?

Didn't Albertson's just take over Safeway? which seems like it would be the other way around...

I'm new too, but I guess I can still say welcome?

Do they still have Pavillion's out in California? I loved to go in there when I was stationed at Long Beach.

I didn't usually shop there because of prices, but I would run in when I needed to since it was the closest store.

Safeway still has several locations in NorCal.

Maybe it's just in the Northwest. Nothing has changed names yet here, but they merged and some will be changing names/locations. Haggen's is involved somehow as well. I had actually forgotten about it until someone mentioned Von's/safeway up above :)

Maybe it's just in the Northwest. Nothing has changed names yet here, but they merged and some will be changing names/locations. Haggen's is involved somehow as well. I had actually forgotten about it until someone mentioned Von's/safeway up above :)
Haggens literally overnight moved into an Albertsons not far from me. Like no kidding...at 6pm it was Albertsons and when the doors opened the next morning it was Haggens.

As far as Albertsons/Safeway/Vons....they're all now owned by same parent company (Safeway and Vons always have been...but it's the Albertsons parent that bought out Safeway/Vons)

Haggens literally overnight moved into an Albertsons not far from me. Like no kidding...at 6pm it was Albertsons and when the doors opened the next morning it was Haggens.

As far as Albertsons/Safeway/Vons....they're all now owned by same parent company (Safeway and Vons always have been...but it's the Albertsons parent that bought out Safeway/Vons)

Didn't Albertson's used to be Lucky's? Growing up in Southern California, I had no idea what a Safeway was until I moved to northern California for school.

I still think people who refer to Vons as Safeway are hella weird. ;)

Didn't Albertson's used to be Lucky's? Growing up in Southern California, I had no idea what a Safeway was until I moved to northern California for school.

I still think people who refer to Vons as Safeway are hella weird. ;)
You said "hella" ...See what Northern Cal did to you ;) And you're right about Lucky's. It's all one big tangled web of grocery stores.

Back