OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Any recommendations for a hair straightener for my CP? She's 14 and wants a "good" one (i.e. one that other teenage girls will approve of - LOL).
I looked at the one at the kiosk in the mall but I'm not sure...
SAMs club (maybe Costco depending where you are?) typically has Chis for a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations for a hair straightener for my CP? She's 14 and wants a "good" one (i.e. one that other teenage girls will approve of - LOL).
My favorite high straighteners have all come from TJ Maxx

ETA: I believe the one I have now is Bella Beauty. Not sure if it's a "good" one but I love it.

Hey-- my SIL is wanting a pallet with the colors found in the Naked 2 pallet but without any shimmer shadows. Can anyone recommend one??

Let it go
The original Tartlette palette from tarte is full of great, all matte shadows. Or the IT cosmetics Naturally Pretty palettes have all matte shadows and one shimmer shade to "transform" the matte shades if she felt like having some sparkle one day.
Ulta has Chi irons on sale a lot! And you can use coupons on Chi irons too.

Did anyone see the tarte blush palette that was available for like 10 minutes? It was 8 full size blushes for 50 dollars.

Hey-- my SIL is wanting a pallet with the colors found in the Naked 2 pallet but without any shimmer shadows. Can anyone recommend one??

Let it go
Try one of the UD Naked Basics Palletes! They're smaller and super awesome. I use mine every day. I've gone through 3 already.

I'd like to know as well! I have a babyliss pro nano titanium and it's about 9 years old and I think it's going to crap out on me soon!

So I used the straightener today and I really like it! It feels like it's not grabbing your hair which is weird but it straightens really well. I had to use the full heat on my old one but I did 370 on this one and it worked perfectly. It didn't make my hair feel dry or crispy either. Even my boyfriend, who never notices anything, said my hair looked really shiny today! For $50 and a free curling iron, I'm not complaining!

I already replied to this about Chi but also look into the Hot Tools digital salon flat irons. I used mine for the first time yesterday and loved it! It leaves hair shiny and I woke up today and it was still straight which normally doesn't happen because I have slightly wavy hair naturally. They're around 50-60 depending on sales/coupons at Ulta and they come in blue and pink which would be fun for her age! They look similar to a Chi too.

So I put on a new Colourpop lipstick today and it apparently flaked off in sections while I was eating and the other two colors that I've tried in the same formula didn't do that. Now I feel like I can't wear it anywhere.

My 14 year old asked for the same thing along with "good" makeup. I ended up getting her a Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium, a Bare Minerals starter set, and a Rimmel mascara. I haven't decided on the Naked Basics palette yet, I may end up grabbing it when I go out shopping (right now I'm buying everything online).

bought myself a morphe palette and brush set during cyber monday, and they just came today.. In love, I feel like i robbed morphe considering how cheap i got the 18 piece brush set for, and the palette is amazing. Im still constantly eyeing to see if morphe will ever restock the highly in demand 35O palette. but the 35W palette looks amazing so far.

Does anyone have recommendations for really bad under eye circles? I'm currently using the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer but my shade has very strong yellow undertones so it doesn't work too well for my dark circles.

Last edited:
Does anyone have recommendations for really bad under eye circles. I'm currently using the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer but my shade has very strong yellow undertones so it doesn't work too well for my dark circles.
Raccoon lady here. I use Bye Bye under eye by IT. It works the best of anything I've found. I mix it with my eye cream because it's so pigmented and I'm too lazy to use my concealer brush.

FHI has some really nice high quality irons they slide through the hair without snagging and can straighten pretty much any texture of hair.

Okay I have two questions

1. What lip balm would you guys recommend? Last week I had a weird reaction after I wore a lip liner and a CC+ lip serum. I don't know if it was the combination of both or just one. Anyway my lips are now getting better. But I still need a bit of help to restore and keep them healthy. The balms I'm using now usually work nice while I wear it then as it wears off my lips are still dry and a bit chapped. So I want a balm(s) that will get them healthy again, and more than anything not dry up my lips after it wears off. I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day, but not every time it wears off.

2. What 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner would you recommend? I like to wash my hair everyday lol. There's days that I may be running late and have time to take a shower, but I still want my hair to be clean lol. So I like-these times- to wash my hair in the sink. Hehe I'm weird. I want a it to condition well.

Okay I have two questions

1. What lip balm would you guys recommend? Last week I had a weird reaction after I wore a lip liner and a CC+ lip serum. I don't know if it was the combination of both or just one. Anyway my lips are now getting better. But I still need a bit of help to restore and keep them healthy. The balms I'm using now usually work nice while I wear it then as it wears off my lips are still dry and a bit chapped. So I want a balm(s) that will get them healthy again, and more than anything not dry up my lips after it wears off. I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day, but not every time it wears off.

2. What 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner would you recommend? I like to wash my hair everyday lol. There's days that I may be running late and have time to take a shower, but I still want my hair to be clean lol. So I like-these times- to wash my hair in the sink. Hehe I'm weird. I want a it to condition well.
I really like the Baby Lips, the new ones with centella essence!

Back