OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If anyone has a Costco membership, online they're carrying Smashbox foundation primer (love it!) for $25--$10 less than retail. They also have several other Smashbox products & Bobbi Brown lipsticks at good prices. I never thought to makeup shop there before. Uh oh.

If anyone has a Costco membership, online they're carrying Smashbox foundation primer (love it!) for $25--$10 less than retail. They also have several other Smashbox products & Bobbi Brown lipsticks at good prices. I never thought to makeup shop there before. Uh oh.

Costco often has good stuff! You usually have to order quickly, because it disappears.

Foundation question
Okay so here's my issue, firstly. I'm a man. That's the first problem. So my pores are huge.

I have tried a ton of foundations from like elf to Dior. Is there any brands y'all reccomend that don't make you look Cakey as heck? I don't like matte foundations anymore because they look not natural on my face.

I'm looking for a new high coverage foundation that looks beautiful. I currently mix Sephora liquid foundation with my Kiko Milano liquid to get the perfect match. It looks good but if I could just use one foundation that would be cool

Foundation question
Okay so here's my issue, firstly. I'm a man. That's the first problem. So my pores are huge.

I have tried a ton of foundations from like elf to Dior. Is there any brands y'all reccomend that don't make you look Cakey as heck? I don't like matte foundations anymore because they look not natural on my face.

I'm looking for a new high coverage foundation that looks beautiful. I currently mix Sephora liquid foundation with my Kiko Milano liquid to get the perfect match. It looks good but if I could just use one foundation that would be cool

I'd say start by using a pore-minimising primer like benefits porefessional and then trying the foundations you've got to see if that makes any difference?

Foundation question

Have you tried the non matte foundation by Becca? My coworker accidentally purchased it instead of the matte (which is what I told her to get) and she liked it....but wanted something matte so she returned it.

I'd say start by using a pore-minimising primer like benefits porefessional and then trying the foundations you've got to see if that makes any difference?
I agree with this. The right primer can make all of the difference. Pore minimizing ones often even out the surface of your skin which will help with texture. I really like the Dr. Brandt pores no more primer and porefessional is good too!

benefit's porefessional is great. I tried it first in Ulta before I spent the $$$. It lasts through comps & general sweatiness!

Not high end and I don't have anything to compare it to but I recently purchased the ulta brand setting spray and loved it!

My makeup lasted all day coaching at a cheer competition, our bar hopping adventures after, was perfectly intact this morning when I woke up, and it honestly still looks pretty good. I was definitely impressed!

I used it on top of my smashbox photo finish primer, tarte bb cream, maybelline concealer, urban decay naked bronzer and blush, and tarte smooth operator finishing powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it was @ErinS asking about the Kylie lip kits but for anyone else interested in them if you wanted dupes for specific colors of hers this post could be helpful.

ETA: the post was from tumblr and wast showing up so I'm going to post the pictures from the post.

65df63342ddb8571d3e3ea8cb317eca1.jpg

ee0bf30d3d298ca958386e90ed2fe9d7.jpg

16bc8317401c94ce31c9d509e20b3b99.jpg

2bd7c84e91063865ac526f9aac87afcf.jpg

7a93d5bddfae5ffa486e6d6bab661910.jpg

f77cb7a80088843344035d7716ade96a.jpg

e9d55d20860daca53dba02cdb9a802e3.jpg

f253b02b94547d88c37e6951887abfb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@shawtyyBHADDx3 Thanks girl. I needed that. I'm tryin to find a lip color to wear to the Beyonce concert in two weeks (I'm now wearing a white romper, tan wedges and either color or turquoise jewelry, so any suggestions are welcome low key prefer dark lips )....

Also does anyone wear Younique? My moms sorority sister gave it to me yesterday (she said she was too old and didnt have the patience for it)....but when I used it today and yesterday I had fibers all in my eye... is that normal or am i just dense?

@shawtyyBHADDx3 Thanks girl. I needed that. I'm tryin to find a lip color to wear to the Beyonce concert in two weeks (I'm now wearing a white romper, tan wedges and either color or turquoise jewelry, so any suggestions are welcome low key prefer dark lips )....

Also does anyone wear Younique? My moms sorority sister gave it to me yesterday (she said she was too old and didnt have the patience for it)....but when I used it today and yesterday I had fibers all in my eye... is that normal or am i just dense?
I did a dark lip for my birthday and they did it for me at Sephora. It was a Kat Von d lip liner in blackmail and one of the new tarte rainforest something lipsticks. I would suggest colourpop dazed which is like a really deep red, or beeper which is my fave, I love all their colors and the price is good but their shipping hasn't always been on time for me so idk if you'd have it in time for the concert
ad56eeb2d41422671416a4c1636c8602.jpg

I've also never tried Younique but I've heard a lot of people talk about fibers in their eyes. I have contacts so I'm terrified to try that.

Back