OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My favorite is my a FHI straightener (Don't buy it through amazon--lots of fakes so beware). Close friend is a pro hairstylist & FHI is what she uses on clients and her very curly-haired girls. It works really well to make curly hair verrrry straight. I also have a Sedu revolution & it works well but not as well as the FHI.

I'm obsessed with the Kat Von D studded kiss lipsticks! they come in so many fun, bright colours, and they're super long wearing! my favourite shades are wolvesmouth and a-go-go

And as a side note this isn't a high end product but NYX soft matte lip cremes are AMAZING!!! they last all day, go on super smooth, and are very lightweight. Since matte lips are the new big trend I definitely think that these are worth a try. My favourite shades are Stockholm, Prague, and Copenhagen

I take back my praise of Colour Pop unless there's some trick to them I'm missing @shawtyyBHADDx3 ?

I exfoliated and moisturized my lips prior to use, used lip liner and then applied the color. For an hour it was phenomenal and I was pumped. An hour later I touched my lips just to see how they were doing and hundreds of flakes came off on my finger. Am I doing something wrong or do they suck? The colors, pigment, and price were all great. Now I'm sad.

I take back my praise of Colour Pop unless there's some trick to them I'm missing @shawtyyBHADDx3 ?

I exfoliated and moisturized my lips prior to use, used lip liner and then applied the color. For an hour it was phenomenal and I was pumped. An hour later I touched my lips just to see how they were doing and hundreds of flakes came off on my finger. Am I doing something wrong or do they suck? The colors, pigment, and price were all great. Now I'm sad.
What kind of lipstick from them did you get?
I use the matching lip liner to their colors and a bit of Chapstick before I put it on. I fill my whole lips in with the liner then layer the color over it. I've only used their Lippie stix and the ultra satin matte lip in beeper. I have noticed that the ultra satin lip dries my lips out a little so I just use some Chapstick over it to moisten it. The only time it ever comes off for me is if I eat.

I have heard this happen a couple of times before. I think they need to reformulate this product! It's not just you!:)

What kind of lipstick from them did you get?
I use the matching lip liner to their colors and a bit of Chapstick before I put it on. I fill my whole lips in with the liner then layer the color over it. I've only used their Lippie stix and the ultra satin matte lip in beeper. I have noticed that the ultra satin lip dries my lips out a little so I just use some Chapstick over it to moisten it. The only time it ever comes off for me is if I eat.

I used the ultra satin matte lip, as well. I'll say the color that did remain after the flaking did stay through dinner and drinks but the flaking definitely turned me off. I use primarily all matte lip colors so I expected a bit of dryness which is why I exfoliated and moisturized first.

IDK. I'll try again with one of the other colors I got soon.

One of my colourpop liquid lipsticks did that too. completely flaked off within an hour. Granted I ate lunch, but the other colors didnt do that.

I used the ultra satin matte lip, as well. I'll say the color that did remain after the flaking did stay through dinner and drinks but the flaking definitely turned me off. I use primarily all matte lip colors so I expected a bit of dryness which is why I exfoliated and moisturized first.

IDK. I'll try again with one of the other colors I got soon.
As soon as I checked my email this morning I thought of you.
cefed5d0e91ca495ba93d114e835d8cb.jpg

I'm very excited to try them and it looks like it's a new formula.

I'm obsessed with the Kat Von D studded kiss lipsticks! they come in so many fun, bright colours, and they're super long wearing! my favourite shades are wolvesmouth and a-go-go

And as a side note this isn't a high end product but NYX soft matte lip cremes are AMAZING!!! they last all day, go on super smooth, and are very lightweight. Since matte lips are the new big trend I definitely think that these are worth a try. My favourite shades are Stockholm, Prague, and Copenhagen
Agree with the NYX Soft Matte Lip cremes, but I love the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks even more! Cherry Skies and Soft-Spoken are my favorite. I think these last a bit longer than the lip cremes. A little more dry, but it still doesn't dry your lips out.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something I can apply for rosacea? I'm a mom so I use aging serum, eye cream and face lotion. My foundation covers the rosacea but for days I'm just lounging around the house I wish there was something I could just spray on to get rid of the redness.

Agree with the NYX Soft Matte Lip cremes, but I love the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks even more! Cherry Skies and Soft-Spoken are my favorite. I think these last a bit longer than the lip cremes. A little more dry, but it still doesn't dry your lips out.

Yes! The suede cream lipsticks are awesome, I wish they had more colors in them because I would buy them all haha

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good concealer? Preferably one that doesn't cost too much. I use Clinique right now but I feel like it just isn't working anymore.
I have mega under eye circles and the only concealer I've ever used that works well is Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics. It's $24 but you only use a TINY amount, and you can layer it.

Back