OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've been told that the ELF setting spray is identical to the Urban Decay one. I've not tried it, since Canadian Targets just got ELF products in.

I have the ELF setting spray and I've used the Urban Decay.... there is no comparison. The ELF spray is like spraying water on your face for no apparent reason

I have the Urban Decay setting spray in the normal size and travel size. The travel size is $14 I think. I absolutely recommend that.

Thanks for the help everyone. Going to swing by Ulta sometime and try the smaller Urban Decay spray and consider changing up my foundation to something that protects a little better against oil and shine.

If you're not using a primer try one. It sounds weird but I use monistat chaffing gel, which has the same ingredients as Smashbox primer. Also, for the summer time I like a powder foundation instead of a liquid. If you want to stick with liquid foundation try a setting spray. Urban Decay makes one that people swear by.

Does it really? I used my friends Smashbox primer a few weeks ago and it made my face feel...flawless. I was going to go out and buy it...but I'm not opposed to putting some monistat on my face

Does it really? I used my friends Smashbox primer a few weeks ago and it made my face feel...flawless. I was going to go out and buy it...but I'm not opposed to putting some monistat on my face
Yup! It's been a make up artists secret for years. Make sure its the monistat powder chafing gel- that's the one with the same formula as smashbox. When you feel it, you'll instantly be able to tell how similar they are!

Lol I thought I knew all the secrets! Definitely have to try this.

Between the preparation-H on the eyes and monistat for the face... My pharmacy is REALLY going to think something is wrong with me. :eek::eek::eek:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks for the help everyone. Going to swing by Ulta sometime and try the smaller Urban Decay spray and consider changing up my foundation to something that protects a little better against oil and shine.
BENEFIT POREFESSIONAL. Girl. Please try this. Literally saved my life because I have very oily skin. It's pretty expensive ($30 ish), but it lasts like 6 months I want to say? If they have a small sample size get that!

My first adventure in here. I am not a high end make up kinda gal but I need some advice. I apply my make up before work at around 7:30am. How do I not end up shiney/greasy by lunch? I have been using a liquid Covergirl base and then a pressed powder on top. Any recommendations to help my foundation and base last all day?
I use a primer from MAC works great. Especially in the Florida heat. Can be pricey but a little goes a long way.

Any suggestion for eyebrow pencils or kits?

Right now I use a Mary Kay eyebrow pencil and a NYX eyebrow kit....and my eyebrows are still so struggled. (I have thin eyebrows naturally and I get them threaded so that they aren't ugly)

Right now I use a Mary Kay eyebrow pencil and a NYX eyebrow kit....and my eyebrows are still so struggled. (I have thin eyebrows naturally and I get them threaded so that they aren't ugly)
I have absolutely NO eyebrows. Well, actually, I have very light, blond, sparse eyebrows that I never need to pluck, EVER. I use the Elf kit. There's a gel and a powder included in the kit. You use the gel to define your brow and the powder to fill in. I swear I now have some definition of brows and when I don't use it, I feel like my brows blend into my face. I use a different brush, though, to apply the gel and powder; it's a liner brush.
When I take CP to get her brows threaded, they ask if I'm there to get my brows done too, and we both laugh and say, 'I (she) doesn't have brows to get done!' Sad but true!

I have absolutely NO eyebrows. Well, actually, I have very light, blond, sparse eyebrows that I never need to pluck, EVER. I use the Elf kit. There's a gel and a powder included in the kit. You use the gel to define your brow and the powder to fill in. I swear I now have some definition of brows and when I don't use it, I feel like my brows blend into my face. I use a different brush, though, to apply the gel and powder; it's a liner brush.
When I take CP to get her brows threaded, they ask if I'm there to get my brows done too, and we both laugh and say, 'I (she) doesn't have brows to get done!' Sad but true!

I was just going to recommend the Elf kit. I have brows they are just SO fine and light. So I use it to darken them up a little.

MAC studio fix foundation!! Lasts me through work and practice! Use a foundation brush to apply for the best coverage. I also carry a mineralise cream foundation compact to touch up because I hate powder.

I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel and pencil from sephora. Works great and comes in a few shades.

Uuuuuuggghhh. I don't even want the stupid ipsy bag now, other than that I'm so annoyed about not getting it yet! So now I'm on a quest to get it.

If they send me one more thing that says "Skip the waiting list" that doesn't work, I swear I'll flip. (Not to mention that it's hardly "skipping" it if I've been on it for SIX MONTHS.) :mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::starwars:

Back