OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ugh I wish we had ulta here!! We have Sally beauty but the prices aren't as good. I have professional discount so it's a bit easier on my wallet but still. They don't have really good makeup or anything to write home about...I only ever really go there for hair dye and hair products. And now they don't even carry batiste anymore ...sucks.

Bs connoisseur :)
Is it bad I'm considering visiting the states just to go an ulta?

Nope. I want to go there to get Suave shampoo, so I can't judge. For some reason, it's no longer sold over here.

Live every week like it's Shark Week.
You can get that at most drug, discount, and grocery stores around here. Any particular Suave? I love their keratin one. My hair is so soft and unfluffy (in a good way)!

Is it bad I'm considering visiting the states just to go an ulta?
Oh no it's not bad! They just don't have the better qualify makeups that ulta carries. I use higher end makeup and Sally doesn't carry high end. At least not in Canada.

I would love to go to the UK for many reasons but different makeup lines would be cool. Most of what they have there though we have here though.

We have an Ulta near my school and I think I'm going to adopt them as my new brow place...
Anyone have experiences with the Benefit brow bar that they want to share?
Loveeee brow bar! I've been going once a month since June (momma was in Tahoe so I thought she'd never notice, oops) but I absolutely love it, I get the same girl everytime & always say yes to them filling in & then fixing my makeup

I want to go to Europe (at least the UK) to try their brands of make up! I've heard about so many like Sleek and Boujious(sp?) that sound phenomenal.
Sleek is amazing! And its one of our cheaper brands too. It has an incredible contouring kit and brow kit, plus the eyeshadows are quite well pigmented for something that costs so little. I think the brow kit is about £8, so $13-14?
Bourjois is also really good, when I was a teenager it was the equivalent to high end makeup as it is on the pricier side of drug store make up. I did find Bourjois stuff in America when I went though.

Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen gel polish that doesn't require the light?

Its like $12.99 or maybe$14.99 in Target and ALWAYS sold out. I want to know if its worth it before I track it down

Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen gel polish that doesn't require the light?

Its like $12.99 or maybe$14.99 in Target and ALWAYS sold out. I want to know if its worth it before I track it down

I think my sister has, but she is OBSESSED with the sephora one. It's pricy, but she only used gel until she bought that stuff. This stuff:

The System - Formula X | Sephora

I still use regular polish, with just the top coat from this formula x and it lasts 2 weeks, easy. It'll stay on your toes for life I think. (I legit could jot get it off - after 3 weeks it still looked like I had just gotten them done). And the top coat is sooooooooooo shiny.

Not sure how she felt about the Sally Hansen one. I'll ask her when I talk to her.

I think my sister has, but she is OBSESSED with the sephora one. It's pricy, but she only used gel until she bought that stuff. This stuff:

The System - Formula X | Sephora

I still use regular polish, with just the top coat from this formula x and it lasts 2 weeks, easy. It'll stay on your toes for life I think. (I legit could jot get it off - after 3 weeks it still looked like I had just gotten them done). And the top coat is sooooooooooo shiny.

Not sure how she felt about the Sally Hansen one. I'll ask her when I talk to her.

I'm like the weirdest person when it comes to spending money. For some reason I can justify getting up right now and spending $35 on a gel mani but I can't see myself spending $32 on that.... when in reality if it works for me that's clearly the better deal. Unfortunately there's no real Sephora here, just a JC Penny one with like no nail stuff. I'd have to wait until next weekend and my nails are in the struggle right now

I think I'm just going to get up and go hunt down the Sally one when this storm is over. Has anyone seen it anywhere other than Target?

HA

xc0kth.jpg

snm1hu.jpg

9znivl.jpg

6sb5eo.jpg

k1cr29.jpg

oqzwgi.jpg

160oqaf.jpg

Heres everything minus a couple small things that I keep in a makeup bag in my purse.
I'm a little envious of your makeup collection. I rarely wear makeup though

xc0kth.jpg

snm1hu.jpg

9znivl.jpg

6sb5eo.jpg

k1cr29.jpg

oqzwgi.jpg

160oqaf.jpg

Heres everything minus a couple small things that I keep in a makeup bag in my purse.

Lol this looks like the daughter of my collection. Same amount of stuff, but yours are all youthful and colorful, and mine are all old lady brands (Lauder, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Chanel, and Dior) and all of it is brown, gray, and Navy blue. :D

Maybe I'll take a picture too... (mostly because I'm procrastinating tonight and don't feel like doing anything productive!)

The Moroccan Oil one. I've heard so many good things about it. I just need something that's good for coloured hair, and will keep it from resembling straw at the ends.

Live every week like it's Shark Week.

I use Pantene Expert Collection- (The age defy one) and it doesn't leave my hair like straw. I have ombre hair, so I feel your pain! I also loose a ton of hair on a daily basis, which is what made me go for the age defy. It claims to help your hair not fall out. I can't say I have noticed a huge difference, but I think it has worked a little bit. I also like to switch between the Pantene and Bumble and Bumble thickening (my thinking is it gets thicker because it doesn't fall out as much! lol) That will leave your hair feeling like straw if you use it a few days in a row. My stylist uses a different kind of Bumble and Bumble on me sometimes, and its wonderful, I just don't know which one it is. I think the thickening just makes your hair a little more textured, and that is what causes the ends to be so dry. My other favorite is Redken color extend shampoo. That one is awesome. I usually will get it for vacations. I use the Redken Clean shampoo if I have a lot of blond in my hair and I know I will be in a pool a lot because it's supposed to help with all of that.

I am not a fan of anything with Moroccan Oil in it, but I am super greasy to begin with so I don't need any help in that department. I can't even go 24 hours without washing my hair because it gets so oily so I don't need extra!

Good luck in your search!

Back