OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok just got a $300 gift card to Ulta....what to buy what to buy!!!!
Yay! Best gift ever!!!!

That was the budget my sister gave me, after the 20% off coupon. So, basically I just spent this (like a gift card except she took me to the store) You should get:

-Perfume $80

-Naked palette (if there's one you don't have. Otherwise get a palette from someone else) $50

-Mascara $22

-Foundation $38

-it brushes (Lol that you said that and those are the ones I got. I LOVE them) $100

-TANtalizer $35?

- Murad skin care set $60 or a hair dryer (I went with the hair dryer, but I think everyone in the world should get Murad skin care every chance they get lol)

Or you could just go, and wander around for hours. [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Yay! Best gift ever!!!!

That was the budget my sister gave me, after the 20% off coupon. So, basically I just spent this (like a gift card except she took me to the store) You should get:

-Perfume $80

-Naked palette (if there's one you don't have. Otherwise get a palette from someone else) $50

-Mascara $22

-Foundation $38

-it brushes (Lol that you said that and those are the ones I got. I LOVE them) $100

-TANtalizer $35?

- Murad skin care set $60 or a hair dryer (I went with the hair dryer, but I think everyone in the world should get Murad skin care every chance they get lol)

Or you could just go, and wander around for hours. [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Jeez can I be your sister too?!?

So my friend and I have plans to go to Ulta tomorrow and I'm debating on what I should get. I've thought about Naked on the Run and Naked 3, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not really looking for anything specific, but I did just get a liquid eyeliner recently and a mascara for Christmas, so not really those (unless there is a mascara that someone recommends over Lancome Definicils)

So my friend and I have plans to go to Ulta tomorrow and I'm debating on what I should get. I've thought about Naked on the Run and Naked 3, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not really looking for anything specific, but I did just get a liquid eyeliner recently and a mascara for Christmas, so not really those (unless there is a mascara that someone recommends over Lancome Definicils)
Lancome definicils is a more natural mascara right? Bare Minerals Lash Definition is a great one or if you want a little more dramatic look without going over the top, Tarte Amazonian Gifted mascara is awesome.

Naked 3 is one I would really look at before you buy it because the pink tones can make eyes look tired or make people with fair skin look sick. Naked on the Run is much more suited for any skin tone and you also get to try out their eyeliner, perversion mascara, and lip gloss. But if you don't want the extras, I would go with a regular naked pallette.

Have fun!!

Lancome definicils is a more natural mascara right? Bare Minerals Lash Definition is a great one or if you want a little more dramatic look without going over the top, Tarte Amazonian Gifted mascara is awesome.

Naked 3 is one I would really look at before you buy it because the pink tones can make eyes look tired or make people with fair skin look sick. Naked on the Run is much more suited for any skin tone and you also get to try out their eyeliner, perversion mascara, and lip gloss. But if you don't want the extras, I would go with a regular naked pallette.

Have fun!!

Thank you! I'll glance around the store a little bit before I make any decisions and try out what comes in the Naked on the Run. I'm super pale, so Naked 3 probably isn't the greatest idea, but I don't have the original Naked palette so maybe I'll look into that. There are so many things I could get, but nothing I really need because I somewhat recently got just about everything, except for foundation, but that isn't changing anytime soon

Lol! She's quite the gift giver. One year she paid off my cruise that I was making payments on!

(and I live in her house with my 2 kids, rent free... She's pretty awesome!)

@U.E. Cheer when are you going to go?
Tomorrow :D Lol

I've been eyeing the LoracPro Holiday pallete, St tropez tanning set, it costmetics brushes, some tarte and benefit stuff....it might be dangerous to walk around for hours...lol

LUSH LOVERS- lush is having an online and in store sale tomorrow, buy one get on free on ALL holiday collection!!! :D :D :D :D I know where I'LL be going tomorrow!

Kind of an extension of my post last night: has anyone tried the Smashbox Full Exposure palette? I kind of want to try that after doing a little online browsing

I have both & I've only used naked on the run once so far & I already like it better. I've used naked 3 maybe 3 times in the past year.

so i got the NARS virtual domination cheek palette in my stocking as a random gift (didn't ask for it) but it's nice! i don't know that i would have purchased it for myself, but i recommend it! there's a bigger section of bronzer, one highlighter and three blush colors.

and now i have a gift card to sephora: i need help picking out a foundation.

so, as most people in this thread probably know i am obsessed with all things tarte. unfortunately, the last tube or two of the amazonian clay liquid foundation i've purchased have been oxidizing like crazy. like i put them on and it's a match made in heaven; they match my skin perfectly. and then within an hour it turns orange and weird looking. my skin has also drastically changed in the last 6 months (cannot for the life of me figure out why) but i suddenly have the world's driest skin with little bumps EVERYWHERE... so the liquid is just making me look really flaky. add in the oxidation and i'm not too happy with it right now. i need something lighter, i think, so i was contemplating trying the tarte powder foundation. has anyone tried it? a while back i did use the whole bare minerals line and i loved it but i made a mess everywhere. and one time i had an ant problem and i came home from work and they built an anthill out of the foundation, so i'm scarred for life.

should i try the tarte powder?

Kind of an extension of my post last night: has anyone tried the Smashbox Full Exposure palette? I kind of want to try that after doing a little online browsing
I love smashbox, I really do. But this pallette was a miss for me. Some shades are really pigmented and nice but others are chalky and feel like something from elf, not like an eye shadow you're paying $50 for. A naked pallette or the Too Faced chocolate bar pallette (it is wonderful and smells just like their bronzers) would be a better option, IMO.

Does ulta sell any decent eye makeup brushes, looking to update cause mine are so old.
Double post, sorry! But IT cosmetics are phenomenal, although very expensive. A less expensive, but also amazing brand, is Real Techniques. They're very comparable to higher end brushes. The only difference to me is they aren't quite as dense. And nothing tops the softness of the IT velour collection.

With all my gift cards and such I've finally been able to buy some high end makeup! The only thing I had was the naked 2 palette which I bought last year. This year I got naked 3 and the benefit they're real mascara which I'm loving so far. I just placed an online sephora order and got naked flushed, too faced better than sex mascara and a real beauty blender. I've had multiple knockoff beauty blenders so I'm pumped to try the real one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back