OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
YES Sephora takes things back used. I had expensive mascara I hated and took it back after I used it. They return it to the supplier I think. And if you were being sarcastic with that comment then just ignore my explanation!
No I wasn't being sarcastic! I had no idea. Went and returned it and got the "Better than Sex" mascara by Too Faced and I already like it so much better! Thanks for telling me!!

No I wasn't being sarcastic! I had no idea. Went and returned it and got the "Better than Sex" mascara by Too Faced and I already like it so much better! Thanks for telling me!!

I wonder how long it can be to get away with returning it. I know I can Google it and probably should, but I shelled out over 20 something for Benefit's new eyeliner and it is dry and does not even go on. It has never really worked but I assumed maybe it was just me until my cosmetology daughter got ahold of it and was like what is this mess? It doesn't even work. The Bare Escentuals foundation brush is awesome for the liquid foundation. It is $30, though, and my nonCP that is in school at Paul Mitchell and has her own professional makeup brushes and stuff in the kit she got from school is getting the BE liquid foundation brush for Christmas. If I hadn't permanently borrowed it from my mother when dog sitting this summer, I wouldn't have believed a brush could really matter that much from one foundation brush to another. It is awesome.

Pretty much all department store cosmetics, CVS, ulta, and sephora take returns on used products. If they don't, email the vendor, because they're supposed to.

Side note... I despise things that are named "better than sex" - one, because it's sooooooooooo completely tacky and overdone, and two, because it's pretty much never true. There are no cakes or mascaras that are better than sex.

*Unless you're under 25, posting in the non-18+ part of fb, or my child. In that case, ALL mascaras and cakes are better than sex. [emoji15]

Pretty much all department store cosmetics, CVS, ulta, and sephora take returns on used products. If they don't, email the vendor, because they're supposed to.

Side note... I despise things that are named "better than sex" - one, because it's sooooooooooo completely tacky and overdone, and two, because it's pretty much never true. There are no cakes or mascaras that are better than sex.

*Unless you're under 25, posting in the non-18+ part of fb, or my child. In that case, ALL mascaras and cakes are better than sex. [emoji15]

Relevant- Irrelevant

My freshman year of college, I went to Coldstone Creamery for the first time... I got like birthday cake ice cream with gum balls in a waffle cone (the thought of eating something like that makes me gag).

Anyway I was walking through my dorm with my friend, minding my business and some RA comes running up to me and exclaims "IS THAT FROM COLDSTONES, COLDSTONE IS BETTER THAN SEX... I'VE NEVER HAD SEX"

and I tossed my ice cream and I haven't liked Coldstone since.

I'm not sure why but like her statement turned me off to Coldstone forever.

Relevant- Irrelevant

My freshman year of college, I went to Coldstone Creamery for the first time... I got like birthday cake ice cream with gum balls in a waffle cone (the thought of eating something like that makes me gag).

Anyway I was walking through my dorm with my friend, minding my business and some RA comes running up to me and exclaims "IS THAT FROM COLDSTONES, COLDSTONE IS BETTER THAN SEX... I'VE NEVER HAD SEX"

and I tossed my ice cream and I haven't liked Coldstone since.

I'm not sure why but like her statement turned me off to Coldstone forever.
Also relevant-irrelevant, yesterday was my birthday and we went to cold stone and got a coffee and Heath bar ice cream cake but it turned out to be a cookies and cream cake that was mislabeled (and there were Heath pieces on top so the confusion must've happened in the kitchen??). It was so sad! So I'm not happy with them right now :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister took me to Ulta to pick out my Christmas gifts, which we will now wrap and put under the tree. (and vice versa - she picked out all her gifts too lol)

I got Naked 3 palette, Amazonian Clay foundation, Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume set, brush set, and a hair dryer. I'm so stoked to rip open my presents! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] The first 2 were because of this thread, so fingers crossed that I love them!

I also grabbed a sparkly train case for Idp (or BP now) for her dance makeup, some lotion, and some Taylor Swift perfume and hair scent spray. Sigh... My baby is growing up!

And this one trip to ulta has made both my sister and I reach platinum again. We could literally only go there at Christmas and still be platinum every year. Now, if only platinum would actually mean something... (I feel like I don't get any extra perks. Are there any? Maybe I'm just not using them?)

My sister took me to Ulta to pick out my Christmas gifts, which we will now wrap and put under the tree. (and vice versa - she picked out all her gifts too lol)

I got Naked 3 palette, Amazonian Clay foundation, Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume set, brush set, and a hair dryer. I'm so stoked to rip open my presents! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] The first 2 were because of this thread, so fingers crossed that I love them!

I also grabbed a sparkly train case for Idp (or BP now) for her dance makeup, some lotion, and some Taylor Swift perfume and hair scent spray. Sigh... My baby is growing up!

And this one trip to ulta has made both my sister and I reach platinum again. We could literally only go there at Christmas and still be platinum every year. Now, if only platinum would actually mean something... (I feel like I don't get any extra perks. Are there any? Maybe I'm just not using them?)
I just got platinum (on my bday actually) and you get points 3x faster and I think that might be it?

I just got platinum (on my bday actually) and you get points 3x faster and I think that might be it?
Ah OK. I'll have to look. This is like my 3rd year of being platinum and I never feel like I get anything for it.

Platinum gets you 1.25 points per dollar instead of 1, your points don't expire, and you get the better coupons:)
Well I'm definitely not getting better coupons. Do they come in the mail? I keep getting coupons that say, "Thank you for being platinum" on them... And then my daughter gets the exact same coupon. Oh well... Maybe this year I'll pay attention and try to get some perks.

More importantly... When can I open my presents? [emoji3]

Well I'm definitely not getting better coupons. Do they come in the mail? I keep getting coupons that say, "Thank you for being platinum" on them... And then my daughter gets the exact same coupon. Oh well... Maybe this year I'll pay attention and try to get some perks.

More importantly... When can I open my presents? [emoji3]
Hmm weird! I know recently they sent out a coupon to platinum members for 20% that worked on prestige cosmetics (which is an extremely rare thing) but normal rewards members just got the 20% off mass cosmetics. Plus when you're platinum, points rack up so much easier and it can end up taking so much off. The other day I had a girl come in that had 1200 points because they had a platinum member event where you got triple points(I'm not sure when they do that) and it took $70 off. It was crazy!

Hmm weird! I know recently they sent out a coupon to platinum members for 20% that worked on prestige cosmetics (which is an extremely rare thing) but normal rewards members just got the 20% off mass cosmetics. Plus when you're platinum, points rack up so much easier and it can end up taking so much off. The other day I had a girl come in that had 1200 points because they had a platinum member event where you got triple points(I'm not sure when they do that) and it took $70 off. It was crazy!
Oh! Maybe my 20% off coupon was different. We used it last night and it ended up taking over $100 off my total and $150 off my sister's.

What's a prestige brand? Is that what we bought? The brands we bought were philosophy, urban decay, tarte, stila, benefit, lorac, Marc Jacobs, it, lancome.

Sorry for all the questions... Ulta is the only store I have any kind of fancy "rank" at, so I want to get my perks! (meanwhile, my sister is fancy everywhere she goes.... Jealous)

Oh! Maybe my 20% off coupon was different. We used it last night and it ended up taking over $100 off my total and $150 off my sister's.

What's a prestige brand? Is that what we bought? The brands we bought were philosophy, urban decay, tarte, stila, benefit, lorac, Marc Jacobs, it, lancome.

Sorry for all the questions... Ulta is the only store I have any kind of fancy "rank" at, so I want to get my perks! (meanwhile, my sister is fancy everywhere she goes.... Jealous)
Those are all prestige brands! Basically anything you couldn't find at the drugstore is prestige. Most of their coupons don't work on prestige because the vendors (UD, benefit, bare minerals, etc) don't want us to discount their products. But every once in a while, a coupon will come out that doesn't exclude them! And I was checking around and it looks like when you're platinum, you get double points during your birthday month as well as a $10 off anything coupon your birthday month.

Ooh! I really need to join Ultas program. I shop in there but always decline signing up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ooh! I really need to join Ultas program. I shop in there but always decline signing up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely join. I routinely get $3 off of my purchases just for racking up points.

ETA: And I'm not a visit-ULTA-every-day person. I get my basic makeup there. The nice thing is that you can earn point on stuff that you'd typically get at the drug store (shampoo, lotion, etc.) without paying Sephora prices.

Latest posts

Back