OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I'd like to get the scoop and y'all's opinion. Lancôme makeup ? I just started working there and I really don't know much about it. Their target market seems to be older and that's pretty consistent..I've tried their mascara and the formula was really clumpy on me.

Anyone have any favorites and why? :)

Bs connoisseur :)

I really like the Marc Anthony Second Day Clear Dry Shampoo. I have pretty dark hair and it's the only one I've found that actually is clear and doesn't leave any weird residue. It might not be for everyone, though. I have really dry skin, including my scalp, so I don't really use it for combating oily hair. I love it for adding volume and texture, if that's what you're looking for. Since it's clear I use it at my roots and through the lengths of my hair if I'm wearing it curly. It's light enough that it doesn't weigh my hair down, but just adds some texture on first day hair. If someone is looking for a more intense dry shampoo for competition hair, I love the Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo, but it's way too much for day to day use in my opinion. It adds a ton of volume so I can see it being perfect for big cheer hair.
I use batiste their regular stuff is pretty good doesn't really leave much residue just have to brush I through but they have one for brunettes and it's awesome!! Love it and it's affordable

So I'd like to get the scoop and y'all's opinion. Lancôme makeup ? I just started working there and I really don't know much about it. Their target market seems to be older and that's pretty consistent..I've tried their mascara and the formula was really clumpy on me.

Anyone have any favorites and why? :)

ugh they're one of the worst offenders on animal testing. i know that's not exactly what you're asking, but that is why i refuse to touch their products.

edit: in my "ignorance is bliss" days, they had a liquid eyeliner pen that i liked. it was pretty standard, though, and no more amazing than one at the drug store.. but i didn't have any complaints about it, either.

Last edited:
Check Marshall's for batiste they sometimes have it. I always use batiste. I've tried a few others and didn't like it at all.

Not makeup but I got my eyebrows done for the first time yesterday and I am so glad I did! And they convinced me to get the benefit gimme brow, the stuff that is like a mini mascara, and I love it!!! Highly recommended

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does anyone else break out after getting their eyebrows waxed? I've been getting mine waxed for years and recently I break out with tiny white heads all over there the wax was.

Does anyone else break out after getting their eyebrows waxed? I've been getting mine waxed for years and recently I break out with tiny white heads all over there the wax was.

I always break out after getting my eyebrows waxed and my face rarely breaks out otherwise. I have no idea how to make it stop lol

I got my eyebrows waxed right before my senior pictures and I broke out all over my eyebrows and I never break out. So glad for Photoshop lol. But then I started getting them threaded and that doesn't make me break out.

I'm scared to get mine threaded because my sister's ended up really thin. Mine were just red for a few hours but the lady covered it up with concealer.

If they have a wax for sensitive skin ask for that. If not avoid the days right before, during, and after your period. Your skin is more sensitive then! My eyebrows are fine but everytime I do my upper lip I alwayssss break out no matter what I do. It's a pain in the rear end but I don't have to do it as often as my brows so not a big deal.

Okay so I need some advice. I've been trying to find some new shampoo/conditioner but everyone I've tried does nothing for my oily hair. I have thick, curly/wavy hair that gets oily super fast. Does anyone have any suggestions?

let me know if you like it! i haven't found a dry shampoo that i love. i tried the one by dove and really liked it, but it would just randomly lose it's pressure after one or two uses and then nothing would come out. i bought three separate cans and this happened every time. it's cheaper than the high end brands, but not cheap enough for one time use. now i use the one by DryBar, which works well but the smell is overwhelming. just because i'm dry shampooing my hair does not mean i smell foul and there is no need for so much perfume. still looking for a better option, but i haven't found one. i've also tried Oscar Blandi? i think it was. i got it as a free deluxe sample. the smell wasn't as bad but the white powder residue wouldn't brush out.
So far I like it, but I've only tried it once when I got home. The only other dry shampoo I've used is Lush's No Drought, which I liked, but it made my hair really hard to brush through, like it was all tangled or something. I like that the powder comes from the middle of the brush, so it's not messy. I used to get white powder EVERYWHERE. It smells kinda sweet too. I used it after working with a hat on for a few hours, so my hair was really flat and after I put it in and ran my hands through my hair, I did notice more volume. Looking at it a bit online, I noticed they have ones for different hair colors and you can buy just the refills so you don't have to pay for the whole thing. I really like it, but I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for it.

I also break out after waxing I think it's because of the oil they put on afterwards. That's why I never get mine waxed anymore I either pluck them myself or get them threaded.

My dad was the creator of toaster strudel

I have an unhealthy obsession with basically anything MAC brand...like seriously I'm packing for college and discovering eyeshadows and blushes I apparently bought and didn't remember I had...my favorite has to be their paint pots though. It's pretty much just an eyeshadow primer, but it really makes the shadows stay on smoothly and keeps the color bold for so much longer. Their studio-fix powder is also the only powder I will use on my face...I guess I just love MAC because their stuff is so hypoallergenic and I have like 3 skin diseases lol. But I also love Urban Decay's Naked palettes..all of mine are still going strong and the brush from Naked2 has a great blender on one end!

Back