Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all star or high school?

• allstar

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • highschool

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Mar 19, 2012
hey guys, I was on all-star cheer when i was younger and then i did gymnastics and this year i did high school cheer, but next year i really want to do all-star cheer. i don't know if it is worth leaving my friends from school my senior year for all-star cheer which i really would like to do. is it worth the cost also..? (i have my full so i would most likely be level 5 also). HELP!

I would say definitely do allstar. I cheered allstar my entire life, then my freshman year decided to give high school a try (whilst still doing allstar of course), and I just didn't like it. Remember that you'll still be in school with your friends everyday!

All Star for sure! I have been doing All Star my whole life, this year I'm trying High School, also still doing All Star. All Star is so much more fun. Better stunts, baskets, and tumbling! I think you will like it better than High School :)

In my city all-star is a lot harder and more competative, but both are really fun! I am on both a high school and all-star team! If it is possible for you to join both i would!

thanks guys! i think i will definitely try to do both if i can but i am really excited for all-star :) it just seems so fun!

all star all the way. the difficulty of tumbling and stunting, along with the fast pace routines is more than high school. also, with allstar, there are no signs, poms, or megaphones, or a minute long cheer in your routine. its straight up skills, no stopping, for 2 min. 30 seconds. :) i have done both all four years of high school, and allstar is more satisfying and challenging. :)

AllStar is where it is at! High School cheer is fun, but it doesn't give you too much room to grow. Where as in an allstar program you can grow from level 1 all the way up to level 6 if provided. Also the experience of going out of state for competitions is unlike any other. This is my first year going to worlds and I'm sooo pumped. I don't even think that the experience of competing at JamFest SuperNationals in Indy will even come close to it's going to be there. You also get to meet a whole new spectrum of people when you do allstar. Some of my best friends happen to be from other gyms across the entire country. The choice is solely up to you, but I have found by personal experience that Allstar was a lot more fun to do then High School!!! =)

You can have alot of fun with your high school team, If your school has a good coach and is a good program, and it's alot cheaper then all star!

hey guys, I was on all-star cheer when i was younger and then i did gymnastics and this year i did high school cheer, but next year i really want to do all-star cheer. i don't know if it is worth leaving my friends from school my senior year for all-star cheer which i really would like to do. is it worth the cost also..? (i have my full so i would most likely be level 5 also). HELP!

I say do both if you can......You can't get your senior year back and being with your HS friends is important, but All-stars is also such a special experience and it only helps your HS team. I coach at the HS level and I encourage my athletes to do both. It is hard work and long hours, but in the end, it is worth it to them and they have never regretted the decision to do both.

Back