Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all star or high school?

• allstar

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • highschool

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Try and do both. All star will help you with your tumbling and it will look good on a collage app, But HS cheer also looks good. By doing both it will show collages that you are dedicated and have experience!

i prefer all-star but i just depends on where you live. If you live near cheer teams like granite bay or more on the east coast then you should do high school cheer....otherwise stick to all-star because we actually know what we are doing.

thanks guys! the problem is, the state of IL won't let you compete both all-star cheer and high school, if someone on high school is on all-star you get disqualified :(

I wouldn't do both anyways, it divides your time between the two teams and someone will get upset that you missed something eventually. And if the high school did let you do both, then I wouldn't say the coach/other athletes were very committed in the first place! So I actually think that is a great rule on IL's part.

I think all star is awesome and you can definitely see more tumbling talent, but if you're looking to go into college cheer I would stick to high school. Especially during your senior year. Not only will you stay used to tumbling on a dead mat and gym floor (basketball/football), but you'll get to be a part of your school. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for those nights where my team just crushes the other one! And everyone in the crowd is so pumped, and you get to the field early and just see it fill up with people. I think it comes with a lot of pride knowing that you were so committed to your school.
Also, growing as an athlete doesn't depend on where you cheer. It depends on how much drive YOU have as an athlete. No one is stopping you in high school from taking an extra tumbling class or asking your coach if you do more advanced stunts when you're ready. It may have a few more regulations, but there are ways of working around them and being really creative.

In the end, it's all personal preference. I don't think one is solely better than the other.

hey guys, I was on all-star cheer when i was younger and then i did gymnastics and this year i did high school cheer, but next year i really want to do all-star cheer. i don't know if it is worth leaving my friends from school my senior year for all-star cheer which i really would like to do. is it worth the cost also..? (i have my full so i would most likely be level 5 also). HELP!
all star is better in the sense of you will grow more and its more challenging but high school can be just the same. i did all stars my whole life but i quit because i got sick of the coaches then i took a year off and went on high school, its just as hard. we didnt even compete as a high school team we had 2 teams (i was on both) and we were level 3 allstar teams and went to national competitions and everything, its just as challenging if you make it challenge you. people say you cant grow in tumbling, but sure you can. we tumble when we go to the gym and i tumble 2 times a week on my own. both are awesome but i dont see why so many people are against high school, we (at least my school) work just as hard as any other all star team!

this is so challenging for me, i really want to have the experience of going to worlds! i wish i was younger so i could have more time. do you guys think its a good idea if i did all star and then just did college cheer? either way i would still have the experience of cheering for my school! but i feel like since ill be a senior all star is now or never!

Back