All-Star Highlights Of Worlds!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheerKT

Best Overall Poster
Dec 13, 2009
What were your personal highlights and best moments of Worlds? Either in Orlando or at home.

In no particular order...

-Seeing all my incredible friends that I don't get to see nearly enough. I wish Worlds were once a month and not once a year. And meeting so many new people from the boards!

-Watching practices on Friday at Allstar Sports

-NO senior teams repeating! This is not meant to be an insult to any of the 2010 World Champs, I even wanted 2 of them to win again, (SE and SOT) But I just think it's so awesome and incredible for the sport to have new World Champs in all of the Senior Divisions. People say Large Senior is dying, but we have had 3 different World Champs in that division in 3 years! So cool

-BANGKOK GETTING A PRETTY ROCK ON THEIR FINGER. How amazing to watch that finally happen to a team not from the US. The crowd absolutely went insane during their performances. Entire area on their feet jumping around. The crowd control people even rushed the mat and hugged them. GT running out from behind the curtain to congratulate them and leading the "Thailand" chant was incredible. What a great moment for the sport.

-Marlins competing 4 times and keeping a positive attitude the entire time. I cried when they wheeled out their injured teammate for their 4th performance and the team ran out and started chanting her name. She was bawling and when they hit it was such a touching moment.

-F5 WINNING! Absolutely deserved it. Congrats, ladies.

These were just a few of mine. I'll add more as I think of them. I want to know yours.

I absolutely LOVED the tenacity Tsunami showed both days!! FOUR times they had to perform and still nailed it?!! It was definitely something to be commended and I made to sure to tell every one of them I came across on Sunday the same thing and how impressed I was by it (and also to ask about the girl who got hurt).

Definitely everything you mentioned in yours!

Meeting so new people from here! @SharkDad @wcsstilldeath @ohhh lindss @blunchin @fabulousity TORI ALLEN! and soooo many others I can't even begin to think of them all!
Friday watching practices and just acting a fool with my friends.
Basically having to be held back off the floor when shooting stars, cali sm sr, killers, and i5 competed.
i5 winning worlds! and rushing the stage to celebrate my best friends winning.
Beatles moving up from 17th place to 3rd. I wish I knew what the outcome would've been had they went on with the top ten teams on day 2. But I am extremely proud of them and they couldn't have been happier to get bronze.
Doing a girl from Orlando's poof in the bathroom on day 2.
Orson and the shouters FINALLY getting their rings! And talking to Orson on the phone Sunday night.
Flirting with crowd control boy on day one hahah
Coach Victor sitting down next to my mom and she was freaking out.
SOOO many more I can't even think right now.

Flirting with crowd control boy on day one hahah

HAHAHAH I thought you knew him!!!! So funny.

Another highlight of mine would have to be you getting a hug from a Bangkok boy right after they finished competing in finals. hahaha so much love

Another highlight. This moment between me, @caa10 and a Bangkok boy.

4ubfaf.jpg

since i wasnt at worlds, fiercechat was definitely one of my highlights. that and possibly making all my friends think im crazy, because of how i was glued to any computer i could get my hands on no matter where we were, and the fact that i honestly had a legit spaz attack when i got three texts from three different people practically at the same time telling me orlando hit. i miss my oa family and are so happy for them!

My favorite moments at the competition.

1. The wheelchair partner stunting
2. Gymtyme Infinity running out and hugging Bangkok after their day 2 performance.
3. There was a coed i6 team from Canada who fell apart in Prelims Sunday. Only 1 pyramid stunt went up. They were huddled in the middle of the floor. I think they wanted to walk off the stage and not finish. The crowd started clapping for them and they perked up and killed their dance while the crowd clapped along. They got a standing ovation, I was so proud of the crowd.
4. All of the lg senior interviews, they all made me cry.
5. CJA small sr, Kriselle nailing her stunt and beaming and the crowd going wild. Also, when they finished on Sunday, I saw Patty Ann and her daughter hugging, and it was sweet because it was her daughters last comp ever.

Personal moments.
1. Meeting Patty Ann at all star resort. She is awesome. She kept putting all attention she was getting back to her team and what great kids they were.
2. Watching Cali Coed on Sunday and my 11 year old daughter being in awe of Kiara's tumbling and calling her fierce. It's the first tine she's ever called anyone fierce. When we went to get a drink, we saw Kiara and asked if she would take a pic and she said of course. My little one was in awe and told Kiara she loved her and Kiara said, I love you too. So sweet.
3. Seeing everyone I only see once a year.

also can i say, i have always been a fan of smoke, but seeing them as the first team to jump up and go over to hug twist and shout and congradulate them on their win, that is one classy program. I love smoke <3 dont worry guys, you will get them next year.

Where to even begin...somehow it definitely topped Worlds 2010! :)

1. Seeing all of my friends that I never get to see and I especially loved meeting a lot of friends/fierceboarders for the first time! Thank you so much to everyone who wasn't shy to say hi and ask my board name!

2. F5 won worlds-it's real life. I don't think I've ever cried and been that excited in my entire life. In addition Panthers won Worlds :) I have a very good friend/former teammate on the team and I couldn't be happier for her and all of Panthers! I can go on and on..I am very happy with ALL of the World Champions this year...it was time for things to be shaken up a little!

3. BANGKOK. Words cannot even begin to describe their two performances that had the Milkhouse on their feet chanting Bangkok. I also loved how James Speed & GT walked back out onto the floor after Bangkok performed to give them props on an amazing performance, very classy and sportsmanlike!

4. It was wonderful to see a lot of underdog teams hit their routines..what a great feeling to walk away with regardless of placement! I can't imagine how difficult it is to hit a clean routine with a huge amount of nerves and pressure!

5. Lastly, I would like to give kudos to all of the ladies on Maryland Marlins Tsunami. They took the mat a total of 4 times due to a power outage on day 1 and an injury day 2...yet they still kept their chins up, their motivation high, and hit clean routines. Just by talking with a few of the girls, you could easily tell they are a family and really support each other no matter what is thrown at them. I can't wait to see what they will bring to the mat next year! :)

Pretty sure my list could go on and on; there are so many memories at Worlds 2011! <3 Congratulations to EVERY team who competed this year at Worlds!

Highlights for me this weekend;

1. Meeting SharkDad, MeanJ and some folks sitting in the FB section.
2. Seeing/sitting with my Fierceboard Friends
3. Lindsey's yak and her looking a hot mess after Large Senior Awards (LOL)
4. Tsunami - liked them before, LOVE them now. Those girls displayed such team unity and class.
5. Bangkok - they had the most jaw dropping performance of the weekend. So happy for them.
6. Elaine Pascale congratulating and hugging Tru Hall of F5 after Large Senior Awards. Very classy.
7. The Milk House as soon as we knew F5 had won....CRAZY!
8. Cali Small Senior performance on Day 1. BEST performance of a small senior team EVER.
9. Cheer Athletics Panthers winning Small Senior
10. Maddie's recovery on day 2. That girl is fierce! I can't take my eyes off her during the routine.
11. CEA Senior Elite performance day 1. BEST stunts in Large Senior..hands down.
12. Brandon Senior Black Day 2. Didn't need to wait for awards. Knew they had won.
13. Meanj's niece. So cute, so fierce and so well behaved.
14. ACE Warriors winning Semi-Limited. They were so happy.
15. Top Gun's 4 teams all medaling. Very proud to be a JAG for life.
16. Top Gun IOC5. My dream team. So proud and so happy for them.

There are so many more. This was a great Worlds Weekend. The only thing missing was Beth (TealFan).

Seeing that cheer express girl stunt and tumble without a shoe. And seeing wc, marlins, bangok and Cali kill it !!!! Plus watching patty anne cheer her team on with CheerKT :) hahahahahaha best thing ever!

Back