Hiring Coaches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 13, 2014
I am part of a brand new gym and coaching for for free to help build the program. I pay all of my children's fees and my own traveling expenses. I plan to continue coaching as long as my daughter would like to cheer. My question is, how are coaches rewarded for their time and travel? Our gym is very affordable for our families so the gym collects only enough fees to pay bills, being this is our first year.

I am part of a brand new gym and coaching for for free to help build the program. I pay all of my children's fees and my own traveling expenses. I plan to continue coaching as long as my daughter would like to cheer. My question is, how are coaches rewarded for their time and travel? Our gym is very affordable for our families so the gym collects only enough fees to pay bills, being this is our first year.

Hopefully over time your gym will grow and there will eventually be able to afford to pay you without having to raise fees to much higher. IN saying that at the end of the day you are still a business and perhaps in future they could consider re calculating the fees so coaching help is included. I help manage a brand new gym which opened this year and our fees are higher then most other sports but lower then some of the other gyms in our area, I guess the owner needs to find a happy medium. I think for now you should get a discount 10-50% off your child's fees especially seeing as the time spent coaching would normally in turn make you money which would go towards the fees any way.

Sometimes it is hard to justify all the time spent unpaid working with these kids but at times the job can just be so rewarding, Seeing the kids flourish and learn almost seems like it can be enough until you come home to a nasty bill!

I am glad to see how invested you are in the gym!

Back