Holla'! Cheer And Dance Magazine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2014
Hi Everyone...my name is Paige and I would like to introduce myself and HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine (HC&DM). HC&DM is a new print and digital magazine that focuses on African Americans in the sports of cheer and dance. I am one of the staff interns and started with HC&DM last year.

HC&DM just published its 4th issue for its inaugural year! (2014 Summer issue) Check out the publication at HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine HOLLA'! HOME

I hope to gain more insight for articles and content from the forums on this site. Feel free to contact us here, on Facebook and via our web page.

Talk to you all soon!

Paige

Does it ever include anything for non African Americans or maybe just Americans as a whole?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

So it's more of a general cheer and dance magazine with an emphasis on African Americans?

Maybe just me (no marketing genius here) but seems like you could have more readership if it didn't sound like it is only geared towards one ethnicity.

Wish you success with your magazine

So it's more of a general cheer and dance magazine with an emphasis on African Americans?

Maybe just me (no marketing genius here) but seems like you could have more readership if it didn't sound like it is only geared towards one ethnicity.

Wish you success with your magazine

Essence and Ebony magazine are geared toward AA readers. They have a brad demographic of readers. I think Holla could do the same as there are topics as in the previous reply that relate to AA readers such as HBCU cheer, band line dance, cheer phi and more. You'll have to read an issue to really understand.

Hi Everyone...my name is Paige and I would like to introduce myself and HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine (HC&DM). HC&DM is a new print and digital magazine that focuses on African Americans in the sports of cheer and dance. I am one of the staff interns and started with HC&DM last year.

HC&DM just published its 4th issue for its inaugural year! (2014 Summer issue) Check out the publication at HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine HOLLA'! HOME

I hope to gain more insight for articles and content from the forums on this site. Feel free to contact us here, on Facebook and via our web page.

Talk to you all soon!

P

Essence and Ebony magazine are geared toward AA readers. They have a brad demographic of readers. I think Holla could do the same as there are topics as in the previous reply that relate to AA readers such as HBCU cheer, band line dance, cheer phi and more. You'll have to read an issue to really understand.
Yeah I definitely can see this doing well. I've read essence before because I like the articles and interviews. I'm not African American, I think a good magazine is a good magazine period. The target demographic will like it but there will also be people outside of that who will want to try it out as well!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Lol quoting your own post.

By chance are you also the original poster?

No need to hate Cheer Dad. If you have an aversion to the magazine just chill and move on. CQ is a friend and supporter. I happened to like the "I'm new don't hurt me," so we used it. I thought this board was to support no mock or ridicule. Another reaso nwhy HOLLA exist!

No need to hate Cheer Dad. If you have an aversion to the magazine just chill and move on. CQ is a friend and supporter. I happened to like the "I'm new don't hurt me," so we used it. I thought this board was to support no mock or ridicule. Another reaso nwhy HOLLA exist!
I don't hate and wasn't attempting to mock you. Apologies if that is how if was taken.

Please send money

Talk to you all soon!

Paige
Hi Paige,
I will love to order this magazine, how can I get a subscription or is it only offer online? My daughter will love to have such a magazine to show her friends and unfortunately, many family members who still do not understand this sport...Thanks again!

Back