Holla'! Cheer And Dance Magazine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the audience would do better if it wasn't geared toward African Americans. I'm all for different ethnicity, and not racist whatsoever! I think that there would be an interest in a new cheer magazine in general, and not just focusing on African Americans. I think an idea would be to interview different cheerleaders.

I think a lot of you are thinking too literally. Of course the magazine isn't for a specific race, but it features a lot of information about things that are more popular in the AA community. Those things that aren't really to well known to those outside of the deepsouth, and after watching "Bring It" I'm all for learning about different aspects of cheer and dance.

Last edited:
Hi Paige,
I will love to order this magazine, how can I get a subscription or is it only offer online? My daughter will love to have such a magazine to show her friends and unfortunately, many family members who still do not understand this sport...Thanks again!
You can order the magazine in print and/or digital format from the web site. Click the image of the issue you want to order and it will direct you to the order page.

We are currently working on national distribution and subscription sales. Thank you for the support.

I think the audience would do better if it wasn't geared toward African Americans. I'm all for different ethnicity, and not racist whatsoever! I think that there would be an interest in a new cheer magazine in general, and not just focusing on African Americans. I think an idea would be to interview different cheerleaders.
Thank you Ellie for the feedback. I do not consider you a racist and your thoughts are not unique regarding the reception of the magazine.

I created the magazine because I felt there was a void in the media representation of black cheerleaders (more so than dancers) in the industry. This is especially true with HBCU (historically black colleges and universities) cheer teams. There is a vast difference in the cultural styles of cheerleading with these entities and many teams. That was one of the things I wanted to bring into focus.

The mainstream cheer industry could not identify with the double shake, jiggy pop or Cheer Phi. In regards to dance, the battle dance styles, prance, step and band line dance is very resonate in the black community - especially in the deep south.

The magazine does offer perspectives from contributors from a wide range of ethnicity and backgrounds.

The new issue of HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine is now available. HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine HOLLA'! HOME

Back