OT Horrible Bosses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think you gave yourself the right advice in that last line...

But until you get a new job, you obviously need to deal with your manager. If she took your "joke" improperly, it's probably best not to joke with her from now on. To clear the air, it would be a good idea to swallow your pride, NOT address what she did, and apologize/explain that you were just joking but you know in future not to do that.
It doesn't matter that she messed up more than you did, because SHE is in the position of authority. You can't trump her. So, you just have to accept how she acted and never, ever tell her she was wrong.

1. I would find a new job.
2. I would report her to the owner/corp/whomever is next on the totem pole.
3. I'm gonna assume that you are a teenager, I would consult my parents and inform them of the situation. Yes you are working a job and should act like an "adult" but at the end of the day you're still a child and need to consult your parents
4. I would limit any interaction with her to the bare minimum, don't make it a tense environment or hostile...but I would definitely watch my behaviour around her until the situation is handled accordingly
5. I most certainly would not apologize to her
  • She is obviously ignorant and may take the apology the wrong way and cause more trouble/have another outburst and I wouldn't be shocked if it were violent.​

im not gonna lie, when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was going to be about the movie.
sadly it doesn't sound like your situation is anywhere near humorous like the movie.

it seems they've covered anything i would have added, except alot of times, even in fastfood, those kinds of managers don't last long. i had the same problem at work, and the manager that behaved in this manner just recently got fired.

im not gonna lie, when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was going to be about the movie.
sadly it doesn't sound like your situation is anywhere near humorous like the movie.

it seems they've covered anything i would have added, except alot of times, even in fastfood, those kinds of managers don't last long. i had the same problem at work, and the manager that behaved in this manner just recently got fired.

What a moron! I agree - hang in there. I doubt she'll be around much longer.

Latest posts

Back