All-Star Houston Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love woodlands! Of course! haha:) I am going into my second season there! I really feel at home there! The coaches are amazing! the athletes are welcoming! and the gym is great! come visit!:)

I love woodlands! Of course! haha:) I am going into my second season there! I really feel at home there! The coaches are amazing! the athletes are welcoming! and the gym is great! come visit!:)

You are a very fortunate young lady!! My daughter and I sat quietly in amazement as WE pretty much RAN Cheer America Nationals in Jan!! When my daughter first started 6 years ago her gym only went to Cheer Power events. We remember all the way back then who the 3 teams were that no one could beat. You are at one, we are at the another and the third one is outside Dallas (i think). Now there are a few more I'll put in that catagory.

(I am not making any statement about Prodigy or TX Cheer. Although I have heard the names, I'm just not that familiar with them.)

We got a rough start this year, but even so, we are happy where we are. I am just not afraid to recognize any other place that I feel deserves it!!

I sincerely wish everyone the best of luck!! I have the utmost respect for each and every one of you kids!! I could have never done what you do!!

Lauren, I hope that whatever decision you make is the best one for you!!

You are a very fortunate young lady!! My daughter and I sat quietly in amazement as WE pretty much RAN Cheer America Nationals in Jan!! When my daughter first started 6 years ago her gym only went to Cheer Power events. We remember all the way back then who the 3 teams were that no one could beat. You are at one, we are at the another and the third one is outside Dallas (i think). Now there are a few more I'll put in that catagory.

(I am not making any statement about Prodigy or TX Cheer. Although I have heard the names, I'm just not that familiar with them.)

We got a rough start this year, but even so, we are happy where we are. I am just not afraid to recognize any other place that I feel deserves it!!

I sincerely wish everyone the best of luck!! I have the utmost respect for each and every one of you kids!! I could have never done what you do!!

Lauren, I hope that whatever decision you make is the best one for you!!

Thank you! I am very blessed to be where I am! & i love every second of it!

I must say, I feel so blessed to be a part of Woodlands Elite. I am going in to my second season with them, and switching over for the past season is by far the best choice I've made during my cheer career. I loveee Woodlands!

The programs listed above are all great programs in their own right. They each offer something different. Just because one program is right for one person, does not mean it's right for someone else.

We can all write comments about how I am glad I switched, etc... but bottom line is, if you don't check out the program for yourself then you truly don't know if it's a right fit for you!! Our gym has several athletes who came from one of the programs listed above and vice versa.

We were at a program that didn't fit us well and now we belong to a program that we love and would never leave.

So instead of making several threads about Austin area, Spirit or WE, or best Houston area gyms, do your research and check out the programs for yourself. Alot of the gyms have open tumbling sessions and meet & greets right now, so get out there and try them out. You can't always rely on messages posted on a cheer forum.

Good luck on your decision making!!

The best way to decide is to visit the gyms in the area you are interested in moving to. I have friends that decide where their children will swim, ice skate or do gymnastics, etc. first and then where they will live second. I feel this is a huge mistake in that the most stable part of your environment should be your home life. There are quite a few gym hoppers (6 gyms in 9 years :confused:) out there and unfortunately they want to weigh in on this topic and while they may be happen with their current choice...it is just that...their current choice!

I can't agree more, just because a gym has multiple World titles doesn't necessarily mean it's the gym for you. You have to make sure that the way they teach and how the progress the athletes is something you can get on board with. For example, our gym isn't for everyone, it's hard...really hard, there are days when whole teams come out crying. You have to have a thick skin and be willing to go full out for an hour or more. Some families are okay with it...others don't like it and find another program that fits for them.
That is what is great about our industry, there is a place for everyone!

I'd go visit Texas ... Wecc... And prodigy. Then make a decision :)
if you are interested in why my oldest prefers Texas message me.

:) good luck...as I said above visit all the gyms and make the best decision that is right for YOU. We can all give our opinions but only YOU know what gym will be best for you.

In your opinion, who is the best gym in Houston, TX????
which did you end up picking and why? are you happy with your choice? was it a good fit for you? I like Woodlands Elite and Prodigy a lot. they are both amazing gyms. It does seem like Woodlands Elite is spreading very quickly now. I think 4 gyms total in the houston area. I wonder if that is a good thing or not.

Woodland Elite is my favorite but i also like Texas Lonestar!

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

Agree, it is an old thread, but was curious about the houston gyms. If I started a new one people would have said why didn't you search, there is already a thread on it. LOL

Latest posts

Back